Areas of Study: 21
Out-of-state students: 396
In-state students: 1,467
On-Grounds students: 1,010
Off-Grounds students: 853
Number of Students:
Number of Degrees Conferred:
Degree Total 501
- All incoming Ph.D. students generally receive fully funded packages including a stipend, tuition and a health insurance voucher.
- The faculty at the Curry School have received $38 million in grant funding over the past two years.
- The Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS) and MyTeachingPartner, two tools created by faculty at the Curry School aimed to improve preK-grade 12 teaching and learning, are being used in more than 50,000 classrooms nationwide including in every Head Start classroom in the U.S.
- Curry faculty are consistently cited nationally for their work, including President Obama’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology, the New York Times, MSNBC.com, the Washington Post, CNN, United Press International and Education Week.
- Curry has four robust research centers: The Center for Advanced Study of Teaching and Learning (CASTL), CASTL-Higher Education, the Center on Education Policy and Workforce Competitiveness, in partnership with the Frank Batten School of Leadership and Public Policy, and Youth-NEX: The U.Va. Center to Promote Effective Youth Development.
2014 US News & World Report Rankings
Curry School of Education 22
Special Education 5
Elementary Education 7
Secondary Education 9
Administration & Supervision 10
Education Policy 10
Curriculum & Instruction 11
Educational Psychology: Applied Developmental Science: 14
Higher Education Administration: 18
General size of Charlottesville:
City of Charlottesville: 40,600
Charlottesville MSA: 200,600 (consists of the City of Charlottesville, Albemarle, Greene, Fluvanna and Nelson counties)