Relax or Study
Digital Sender & Printer/Copier
Kay Buchanan, Head CLIC Librarian
Carole Lohman, CLIC Librarian
Dr. Nancy Kechner, Research Software Support and Data Consultant
Bill Corey, Data Management Consultant
Summer Durrant, Data & Geographical Information Librarian
THE CLIC (CURRY LIBRARY INNOVATION COMMONS)
The CLIC provides group and individual study space, public computers, printers, copiers and a free scanner/digital sender, and a large presentation space. Two librarians and four data specialist have offices in the CLIC and are available to assist you with your research and data needs.
LOCATION: Update, The CLIC has moved! We are officially back in Ruffner Hall, room 302, #44 on Map. We will be posting new images of the CLIC within the next few weeks. In the mean time, come and see our new space for yourself!
REGULAR SUMMER HOURS
Saturday & Sunday CLOSED
Yes, we are now open in the new location, Ruffner Hall 302!
*Exceptions are posted on this page.
CLIC Librarians' Newsletters
RESEARCH HANDBOOK COLLECTION IN THE CLIC
LIBRARY RESEARCH GUIDES
The guides below help you locate databases, journals, books, statistics, data sets, test instruments, and other resources useful to you when you are writing papers and engaging in other types of academic research.
Administration and Supervision
Clinical and School Psychology
Communication Disorders see Speech Pathology and Audiology
Curry Off-Grounds Program: Library Services & Resources
English Language Learners
Higher Education Management
Social Foundations of Education
Speech Pathology and Audiology Program
All UVa LibGuides.
1. University Library Website
2. Journal Finder: Find and read journals full text
3. Children's Book Collection & Resources for Children's Literature Research
4. Printer and copier in the CLIC
5. Scanner/Digital Sender in the CLIC. You can use the CLIC's digital sender to scan a chapter from one of the CLIC handbooks and then send the digital copy of the chapter to your email account. It also can be used to scan and digitize research papers and other documents. There is no charge to use the digital sender
6. RefWorks - bibliographic management software, free to U.Va. affiliates if you sign up with your U.Va. email address.
7. ILS -Interlibrary Services
8. You can schedule a research consultation with a CLIC librarian by contacting
Carole Lohman firstname.lastname@example.org 434.924.7040
Kay Buchanan email@example.com 434.982.2664
9. To arrange a data consultation, see our list of contacts for the various research data services we offer.
LIBRARY WORKSHOPS AND CONSULTATIONS
Workshops & Consultations: Learn about databases. literature reviews; RefWorks; & Write-N-Cite, data sets, statistics, test instruments, using handbooks, and more.