Relax or Study
Scanner & Digital Sender
Kay Buchanan, Head Curry Librarian
Carole Lohman, Curry Concierge Librarian
Dr. Nancy Kechner, Research Software Support and Data Consultant
Bill Corey, Data Management Consultant
Summer Durrant, Data & Geographical Information Librarian
The Library Data Commons@Curry (formerly the CLIC)
The Library Data Commons@Curry provides group and individual study space, a public computer, a public printer, photocopier, a free scanner/digital sender, and a large presentation space. Two librarians and four data specialists have offices in the Library Data Commons@Curry and are available to assist you with your research and data needs.
LOCATION: We are in Ruffner Hall, room 302, #44 on Map.
Curry Librarians' Newsletter Archives
RESEARCH HANDBOOKS IN THE LIBRARY DATA COMMONS@CURRY
LIBRARY RESEARCH GUIDES
The guides below help you locate databases, journals, books, statistics, data sets, test instruments, and other resources useful to you when you are writing papers and engaging in other types of academic research.
Administration and Supervision
Clinical and School Psychology
Communication Disorders see Speech Pathology and Audiology
Curry Off-Grounds Program: Library Services & Resources
English Language Learners
Higher Education Management
Social Foundations of Education
Speech Pathology and Audiology Program
All UVa Library Research Guides.
1. University Library Website
2. Journal Finder: Find and read journals full text
3. Children's Book Collection & Resources for Children's Literature Research
4. Printer and copier in the Library Data Commons@Curry
5. Scanner/Digital Sender in the Library Data Commons@Curry. You can use the free digital sender to scan a chapter from one of the handbooks in the LDC@C and then send the digital copy of the chapter to your email account. It also can be used to scan and digitize other documents.
6. RefWorks software. This bibliographic management software is free to U.Va. affiliates if you sign up with your U.Va. email address.
7. ILS -Interlibrary Services
8. You can schedule a research consultation with a LDC@C librarian:
Carole Lohman firstname.lastname@example.org 434.924.7040
Kay Buchanan email@example.com 434.982.2664
9. To schedule a research consultation with one of our data services consultants.
LIBRARY WORKSHOPS AND CONSULTATIONS
Workshops & Consultations to learn about locating journal articles, test instruments, statistics, and data sets; writing literature reviews; becoming proficient in APA citation style; making the most of RefWorks software; navigating copyright; using research data software; selecting an appropriate journal for publishing your research, and more.