Heather D. Wathington
- Ph.D., University of Michigan, 2004
- M.Ed., University of Pennsylvania, 1997
- B.A., Wellesley College, 1992
I am interested in issues of access, equity, and diversity in higher education. My research focuses on the academic achievement of low-income students and students of color in higher education, with a specific focus on understanding the educational contexts, levers, and practices that promote greater academic success for these students.
Access and equity in higher education; the attainment and achievement of students of color; the development and purpose of minority-serving institutions; developmental education; community college student success.
- Wathington and Pretlow Win Outstanding Article Award in Developmental Education
- Higher Ed Faculty Pusser & Wathington Featured in Inside Higher Ed
- School For the Summer: Study Shows College Bridge Programs Yield Mixed Results
- Prof. Wathington’s Work Featured at Conference
- Summer Programs Give Texas High School Students Boost in College, Researchers Find
- Curry Prof Wathington Selected as Center for Urban Education Affiliate
- More News