James H. Wyckoff« Employee directory
- Ph.D., University of North Carolina, 1982
- B.A., Denison University, 1974
Jim Wyckoff directs the Education Policy PhD program and the Center on Education Policy and Workforce Competitiveness. He is a PI on grants from NSF and several foundations to explore policies on teacher preparation, recruitment and retention on the quality of the teaching workforce and outcomes for students. Wyckoff currently serves on the National Academy of Sciences Committee on Children Eligible for School Nutrition Programs, the Scientific Review Panel of the U.S. Department of Education, the editorial board of Education Finance and Policy and on several advisory panels.
For more information about his current projects, please click on the links under “Research Projects” above on the right.
- The Effects of Performance-Based Compensation: Evidence from the Teacher Incentive Fund (TIF)
- Improving Virginia’s Education and Workforce Systems
- Assessing and Improving IMPACT: A DCPS-UVA Research Partnership
- Returns to Teacher Experience in Early Career Years
- Long-term Trends in Teacher Academic Achievement
- Virginia Education Science Training (VEST) Fellowships - Post-doctoral
- School Leadership, Personnel Practices, and the Impact of Working Conditions
- Alternative Certification in the Long Run
- Math for America
- Virginia Education Science Training (VEST) Predoctoral Fellowships
- Darden/Curry Partnership for Leaders in Education (PLE)
- Student Spotlight: Scott Latham Broadens His Interests in Education Policy at U.Va.
- Research by Prof. Wyckoff Cited in Article about Teacher Evaluations in NY and DC
- JPAM 2015 Features IMPACT Article by Prof. Wyckoff
- Prof. Miller Discusses Teachers’ Increased Academic Abilities in Education Week Article
- EdPolicyWorks Researchers Represent Over 27 Presenting Roles at AEFP
- Prof. Miller and Wyckoff Weigh in on a New Report About VA Teachers Average Annual Salaries
- More News