Marcia A. Invernizzi« Employee directory
Henderson Professor of Education
- Ph.D., University of Virginia, 1985
- M.Ed., University of Virginia, 1976
- B.A., Washington College, 1972
I advise masters and doctoral students in the Department of Curriculum, Instruction, and Special Education where I teach doctoral seminars in reading research, clinical courses in the diagnosis & remediation of reading difficulties, and a course called word study. I am the Principal Investigator (PI) of Virginia’s Early Intervention Reading Initiative and its statewide assessment program, PALS (Phonological Awareness Literacy Screening),and the PI of an IES grant to develop PALS español. As a founder of Book Buddies, a nationally recognized one-on-one reading intervention, my research interests continue to revolve around evidence-based practices for early intervention and assessment in early language and literacy learning. As a co-author of Words Their Way: Word Study for Phonics, Spelling, and Vocabulary, I continue to investigate developmental spelling and its relationship to reading and writing.
- Va. Legislature Awards Researchers $1M to Assess Kindergarten Readiness
- Prof. Invervnizzi’s “Founder” Interview with TomTom
- Should we be teaching 100 sight words to kindergartners?
- Inventor of PALS, Prof. Invernizzi, Named Charlottesville “Founder”
- Invernizzi Named Among “Influential Women of Virginia”
- Curry Faculty Examine How Kindergarten Teachers Use Student Data to Improve Classroom Practices
- More News