Paul C. Harris« Employee directory
- Ph.D., University of Maryland, 2009
- M.Div., Virginia Union University, 2014
- M.Ed., University of Virginia, 2003
- B.S. University of Virginia, 2001
Prior to joining the Curry faculty, I served as a high school counselor for several years. My practice, research, teaching, and service are conducted through a paradigm shaped by equity and access. My research agenda includes two foci: 1) Improving the college and career readiness of underrepresented students and the role of school counselors in this process; and 2) The identity development of student athletes, with emphasis given to Black males.
Harris, P. C., Hines, E. M., Kelly, D. D., Williams, D. J., & Bagley, B. (2014). Promoting the Academic Engagement and Success of Black Male Student-Athletes. The High School Journal, 97(3), 180-195.
Harris, P. C. (2014). The sports participation effect on educational attainment of black males. Education and Urban Society, 46(5), 507-521.
- Prof. Harris Elected President of VSCA
- Prof. Harris Awarded NCAA Research Grant
- Prof. Harris Invited to Speak by ASCA
- Charlottesville Tomorrow Features Youth-Nex Conference on After-School
- Prof. Harris’s Work with CHS Student Athletes Featured on CharlottesvilleTomorrow
- Pianta & Harris on Tom Tom Panel on Innovations in Education