Library Data Commons @Curry
The Library Data Commons @Curry (formerly CLIC)
The Library Data Commons @Curry provides group and individual study space, a public computer, a public printer, photocopier, a free scanner/digital sender, and a large presentation space. Two librarians and four data specialists have offices in the Library Data Commons @Curry and are available to assist you with your research and data needs.
LOCATION: Ruffner Hall, room 302, #44 on this map.
Curry Librarians' Newsletter Archives Keep up-to-date on scholarly resources, trends, and opportunities in education.
Research Data Services Newsletter. Subscribe to the Library's Research Data Services newsletter to learn more about upcoming workshops and events, new tools and data sources, and our many services.
RESEARCH HANDBOOKS IN THE LIBRARY DATA COMMONS @CURRY
LIBRARY RESEARCH GUIDES
The guides below help you locate databases, journals, books, statistics, data sets, test instruments, and other resources useful to you when you are writing papers and engaging in other types of academic research.
Administration and Supervision
Communication Disorders see Speech Pathology and Audiology
Curry Off-Grounds Program
Education Psychology: Applied Developmental Science- coming in October 2014
English Language Learners
Higher Education Management
Research, Statistics & Evaluation - coming in October 2014
Social Foundations of Education
Speech Pathology and Audiology Program
All UVa Library Research Guides
2. Accounts You Need (includes how to set up these accounts)
3. Journal Finder: Find and read journals full text
4. Children's Book Collection & Resources for Children's Literature
5. Printer and copier in the Library Data Commons @Curry
6. Scanner and Digital Sender in the Library Data Commons @Curry. Free scanning! Digitize a chapter from one of the handbooks in the Library Data Commons and email it to yourself or and digitize other documents such as forms.
7. RefWorks software login. This bibliographic management software is free to U.Va. affiliates if you sign up with your U.Va. email address. See the RefWorks Guide for more information.
8. ILS -Interlibrary Services
9. Schedule a research consultation with a librarian.
Carole Lohman firstname.lastname@example.org 434.924.7040
Kay Buchanan email@example.com 434.982.2664
10. Schedule a research consultation with one of our data services consultants.
LIBRARY WORKSHOPS AND CONSULTATIONS
Attend our research workshops or schedule a consultation (see above) to learn about locating journal articles, test instruments, writing literature reviews; becoming proficient in APA citation style; making the most of RefWorks software; navigating copyright; using research data software; selecting an appropriate journal for publishing your research, and more.
Attend our data workshops or schedule a consultation to learn more about locating data, using statistical software, training on data analysis and statistical methods, using research data software, writing data management plans, and using GIS software.
Relax or Study
Scanner & Digital Sender
Kay Buchanan, Head Curry Librarian
Carole Lohman, Curry Concierge Librarian
Dr. Nancy Kechner, Research Software Support and Data Consultant
Bill Corey, Data Management Consultant
Summer Durrant, Data & Geographical Information Librarian