Library Data Commons @Curry
Sheila C. Johnson Library Data Commons @Curry
The Library Data Commons @Curry (LDCC) provides group and individual study spaces, a data computer, 4 public computers, a public printer, photocopier, a free scanner/digital sender, a large presentation space, and 2 reservable meeting spaces. Two librarians and four data specialists have offices in the Library Data Commons and are available to consult with you about your research and data needs.
LOCATION: Ruffner Hall, room 302, #44 on this map.
Saturday & Sunday CLOSED
Curry Librarians' Newsletter Archives Keep up-to-date on scholarly resources, data, trends, and professional development opportunities.
Research Data Services Newsletter. Subscribe to the Library's Research Data Services newsletter to learn more about upcoming workshops and events, new tools and data sources, and our many consultation services.
RESERVE A MEETING SPACE OR THE DATA COMPUTER
Reserve one of our two meeting spaces. Seats 8-10 and have a monitor and whiteboard.
RESTRICTED DATA ROOM
Researchers in the Curry School of Education now have access to two spaces for using restricted data—Curry Restricted Data Room and IES Secure Project Office. Click here to find out about or reserve one of the two restricted data rooms in Ruffner Hall,
LIBRARY RESEARCH GUIDES
The guides below help you locate databases, journals, books, statistics, data sets, test instruments, and other resources useful to you when you are writing papers and engaging in other types of academic research.
- All UVa Library Research Guides
- Administration and Supervision
- Athletic Training
- Children's Literature
- Clinical Psychology
- Comparative Education
- Counselor Education
- Curry Off-Grounds Program
- Education Policy
- Ed Psychology: Applied Developmental Science
- English Language Learners
- Gifted Education
- Higher Education
- Higher Education Management
- Instructional Technology
- Research, Statistics & Evaluation
- Social Foundations of Education
- Special Education
- Speech Pathology and Audiology
- Student Affairs
- University Library's main website
- Schedule a research consultation with a librarian.
Carole Lohman email or 434.924.7040
Kay Buchanan email or 434.982.2664
- Schedule a data consultation with one of our data experts.
- Children's Book Collection & Resources for Children's Literature
- Data Computer Datasets and research software such as NVivo, SPSS, and Stata are available on the Data Computer in the LDCC. It can be reserved for up to 4 hours per day.
- ILS -Interlibrary Services
- Journal Finder: Use the Journal Finder (JF) to determine if we have a journal online or in print. If online, you have full text access from the JF.
- Printer and copier in the LDCC
- RefWorks. This bibliographic management software is free to U.Va. affiliates if you sign up with your U.Va. email address. See the RefWorks Guide for more information.
- Scanner and Digital Sender in the LDCC. Free scanning! You can digitize a chapter from one of the handbooks in the Library Data Commons and email it to yourself. You can also scan and email other documents that you need digitized.
- Video and Media Resources
LIBRARY WORKSHOPS AND CONSULTATIONS WITH DATA EXPERTS AND LIBRARIANS
Attend our data workshops or schedule a data consultation to learn more about locating data, using statistical software, training on data analysis and statistical methods, using research data software, writing data management plans, and using GIS software.
Attend our research workshops or schedule a research consultation to learn more about locating journal articles, finding test instruments, writing literature reviews; becoming proficient in APA citation style; making the most of RefWorks software; navigating copyright, selecting an appropriate journal in which to publish, and more.
OTHER UNIVERSITY RESOURCES
Cavalier Advantage card Use it to pay for printing.
Information Technology Services (ITS)
Institutional Review Board (IRB)
Printing & Copy Services
Teaching Resource Center (TRC)
Editors and Writing Assistance (fee based)
Relax or Study
Scanner & Sender
Kay Buchanan, Head Curry Librarian
Carole Lohman, Curry Reference Librarian
Dr. Nancy Kechner, Research Software Support and Data Consultant
Bill Corey, Data Management Consultant
Dr. Yun Tai, Data Curation Fellow