Library Data Commons @Curry
Library Data Commons
Curry Librarian's Newsletter Archives Keep up-to-date on scholarly resources, data, trends, and professional development opportunities.
Research Data Services Newsletter. Subscribe to the Library's Research Data Services newsletter to learn more about upcoming workshops and events, new tools and data sources, and our many consultation services.
Handbooks are a great resource for locating best practices, research theories, names of authors, background material, overviews of topics, and good keyword terminology to use when you search databases for journal articles and other materials to inform and support your research.
Reference Book Collection
There is a collection of reference books as well as some reference books such as the Publication Manual of the APA (aka APA Manual), AMA Manual of Style, Writing Literature Reviews, How to Prepare a Research Proposal, Presenting Your Findings, Evaluating Research in Academic Journals, and Research Design: Qualitative, Quantitative, and Mixed Methods Approaches by Cresswell.
Want to know which databases you should use when doing research papers? Looking for peer reviewed journal articles? Need to locate a data set or find some statistics to support your research? Need to write an APA citation? Have you considered using bibliographic software that writes APA citations automatically? Our Library Research Guides can save you time and identify the best tools for you to use to find just what you need. We also connect you with Library experts and librarians to help you when you want assistance. Below are links to our guides. Bookmark your favorite library guides today!
- All UVA Library Research Guides
- Administration and Supervision
- Athletic Training
- Children's Literature
- Clinical Psychology
- Comparative Education
- Counselor Education and School Psychology
- Curry Off-Grounds Program
- Education (K-12)
- Education Policy
- Education Psychology: Applied Developmental Science
- English Language Learners
- Gifted Education
- Higher Education
- Instructional Technology
- Reading Education
- Research, Statistics & Evaluation
- Social Foundations of Education
- Special Education
- Speech Communication Disorders
- Student Affairs
- University Library's main website
- Schedule a research consultation with the Curry Librarian, Kay Buchanan email or 434.982.2664
- Schedule a data consultation with one of our data experts.
- Children's Book Collection at UVA in Clemons Library& Resources for Children's Literature
- Databases: the A-Z List: A list of all databases to which the UVA Library subscribes
- Interlibrary Loan Service and Don't pay to get a journal article, book chapter or book if UVA doesn't have them. Instead, use this free library service.
- Journal Finder or BrowZine. You can use either the Journal Finder or our new tool, BrowZine to access full text journals to which UVA subscribes.
- LEO Service for Faculty. The LEO service provides service to UVA faculty members by delivering library material for personal research use to departmental offices. Delivered library material includes items retrieved from a UVA library, or via Interlibrary Loan. LEO can also be used to request that items be scanned for Collab sites.
- Printer and copier in hallway outside room 302 in Ruffner Hall.
- RefWorks. This bibliographic management software is free to UVA affiliates if you register for an account using your UVA email address. See the RefWorks Guide for more information.
- Scanner and Digital Sender in the LDCC. Free scanning! You can digitize a chapter from one of the handbooks in the Library Data Commons and email it to yourself. You can also scan and email other documents that you need digitized.
- Video Collection Guide. Links to our streaming video collection as well as dvd collections. Great resources for Collab sites and personal use.
- VIRGO, UVa Library's online catalog to find books, ebooks, images, data resources, etc. in the UVA Library collection.
Library Workshops and Classes
Attend UVA Library workshops!
Contact: Kay Buchanan, to schedule a library session for your class or to arrange a library workshop for your lab, center, or other group.
We Can Help with Your Research Needs!
Need help with data? If you need help with data analysis, locating a data set, selecting or installing research data software, or managing your data for a research project, contact our data experts: StatLab, Data Management, Research Software, and Data Discovery (data sets and statistics).
Need help with library services and resources? Your Curry Librarian, Kay Buchanan, can help you locate journal articles, find test instruments, write literature reviews; become proficient in APA citation style; make the most of RefWorks software; navigate copyright, select an appropriate journal in which to publish, and more. She can also refer you to the best experts in the library should you want to use video, find data sets, or get software for your research. Contact her to set up an appointment or just drop by her office. Email Kay Buchanan.
Other University Resources
Cavalier Advantage Card You must use it to pay for printing.
Collab: course management software
Information Technology Services (ITS)
Institutional Review Board (IRB)
Printing & Copy Services instructions about Cavalier cards as well as printing to public printers in the libraries.
Center for Teaching Excellence (CTE)
Editors and Writing Assistance (fee based)
Relax or Study
Scanner & Sender
Kay Buchanan, Research Librarian for Education