Library Data Commons @Curry
Library Data Commons
*CLOSED We will be closing on Friday, May 19 at noon for graduation events.
Curry Librarian's Newsletter Archives Keep up-to-date on scholarly resources, data, trends, and professional development opportunities.
Research Data Services Newsletter. Subscribe to the Library's Research Data Services newsletter to learn more about upcoming workshops and events, new tools and data sources, and our many consultation services.
Use Our Collection of Handbooks!
Reference Book Collection
Reserve Space & Computers in the LDCC
Reserve one of our two meeting spaces, Seats 8-10 people. Each room has a monitor and whiteboard. Bring your laptop if you need a computer. Please ask staff if you need a dongle.
Reserve the data computer The Data computer has datasets and research software available to researchers for use within the library. This computer is in the Library Data Commons@Curry (Ruffner Hall, Room 302). This computer is available to UVA faculty, staff, and students during normal business hours of the LDCC and can be reserved for up to four hours a day.
Researchers in the Curry School of Education are building a makerspace for K-12 education in the Library Data Commons. More information will be available here Spring 2017.
Save time! Want to know which databases you should use? Looking for peer reviewed journal articles? Need to locate a data set or find some statistics to support your research? Need to write an APA citation? Have you considered using bibliographic software that writes APA citations automatically? Our Library Research Guides can save you time and identify the best tools for you to use to find just what you need. We also connect you with Library experts and librarians to help you when you want assistance. Below are links to our guides. Bookmark your favorite library guides today!
- All UVA Library Research Guides
- Administration and Supervision
- Athletic Training
- Children's Literature
- Clinical Psychology
- Comparative Education
- Counselor Education and School Psychology
- Curry Off-Grounds Program
- Education (K-12)
- Education Policy
- Education Psychology: Applied Developmental Science
- English Language Learners
- Gifted Education
- Higher Education
- Instructional Technology
- Reading Education
- Research, Statistics & Evaluation
- Social Foundations of Education
- Special Education
- Speech Communication Disorders
- Student Affairs
- University Library's main website
- Schedule a research consultation with the Curry Librarian. Kay Buchanan email or 434.982.2664
- Schedule a data consultation with one of our data experts.
- Access the UVA Children's Book Collection & Resources for Children's Literature
- Interlibrary Loan Service and Don't pay to get a journal article, book chapter or book if UVA doesn't have them. Instead, use this free library service.
- Journal Finder or BrowZine. You can use either the Journal Finder or our new tool, BrowZine to access full text journals to which UVA subscribes.
- LEO Service for Faculty. The LEO service provides service to UVA faculty members by delivering library material for personal research use to departmental offices. Delivered library material includes items retrieved from a UVA library, or via Interlibrary Loan. LEO can also be used to request that items be scanned for Collab sites.
- Printer and copier in hallway outside room 302 in Ruffner Hall.
- RefWorks. This bibliographic management software is free to UVA affiliates if you register for an account using your UVA email address. See the RefWorks Guide for more information.
- Scanner and Digital Sender in the LDCC. Free scanning! You can digitize a chapter from one of the handbooks in the Library Data Commons and email it to yourself. You can also scan and email other documents that you need digitized.
- Video Collection Guide. Links to our streaming video collection as well as dvd collections. Great resources for Collab sites and personal use.
- VIRGO, UVa Library's online catalog to find books, ebooks, images, data resources, etc. in the UVA Library collection.
Attend UVA Library workshops
Schedule a Consultation
Need help with data: Data analysis, locating a data set, selecting or installing research data software, or managing your data for a research project? Contact our data experts: StatLab, Data Management, Research Software, and Data Discovery (data sets and statistics).
Need help with library matters: such as locating journal articles, finding test instruments, writing literature reviews; becoming proficient in APA citation style; making the most of RefWorks software; navigating copyright, selecting an appropriate journal in which to publish, and more? Contact your Curry librarian.
Other University Resources
Cavalier Advantage Card You must use it to pay for printing.
Collab course management software
Information Technology Services (ITS)
Institutional Review Board (IRB)
Printing & Copy Services instructions about Cavalier cards as well as printing to public printers in the libraries.
Center for Teaching Excellence (CTE)
Editors and Writing Assistance (fee based)
Relax or Study
Scanner & Sender
Kay Buchanan, Research Librarian-Education (your Curry Librarian)
Jenn Huck, Data Discovery & Acquisition Librarian
Dr. Nancy Kechner, Research Software Support and Data Consultant
Bill Corey, Data Management Consultant
Meagan Christensen, Research Librarian for Social Sciences