Our application for 2015 spring/fall admission will be launched in mid-August.
For information about test scores and required materials you must submit to be considered for admission, visit the Graduate Degree Admissions Information page. You may also want to peruse "frequently asked questions from prospective graduate students."
Application due dates:
- Ed.D. and Ph.D.: December 15
- On-Grounds Certificate, M.Ed, M.T.. and Ed.S deadlines for summer or fall entry are February 1, except for Counselor Education (Jan. 3) Check program area websites to verify deadlines, as some (Administration and Supervision, Curriculum and Instruction, Reading, and Social Foundations) also have a June 1 application deadline.
- Off-Grounds certificate, M.Ed. and Ed.S. programs have an October 15 deadline for spring entry, February 1 for summer entry, June 1 for fall entry. Check program area websites for additional details.
All application materials (online application, official test scores, unofficial transcript(s)must be submitted by the application deadline. Be sure to monitor our receipt of materials through the application website.
Our online application allows you to upload unofficial transcripts! You will not need to provide official transcripts until admitted. This feature will allow us to prepare your materials more quickly for faculty review.
If you are unable to upload unofficial transcripts, you can mail transcripts to the address below. Be sure to put all transcripts in a single envelope.
Curry School of Education
Office of Admission
417 Emmet St. South
Charlottesville, VA 22903
1. A Special Education certificate program leading to initial licensure is offered at the Northern Virginia Center.
2. An endorsement-only certificate program in Administration & Supervision is offered on Grounds, in Richmond, and in Northern Virginia.
3. A Reading Specialist Certificate is offered on Grounds and across the Commonwealth.
4. An Adolescent Literacy Certificate is available online and at multiple sites.
Click on the links above to view information about the programs and requirements for admission. If applying to the Special Education certificate program, for example, you must submit specific test scores.
Your application, including recommendations and test scores (if required) are due:
- October 15 (spring entry to on/off-Grounds programs),
- February 1 (summer/fall entry)
- June 1 (fall entry)
Note: When listing schools you have attended, please do not list a school if the courses taken there show as transfer credits on your undergraduate or graduate transcript. You may apply up to 6 credits from the endorsement/licensure certificate programs toward a degree.