Register for a Class
Fall Registration is now open!
Registering for a Course
Thank you for registering for a course at the Curry School. Please follow the step-by-step instructions below.
We look forward to seeing you this fall!
1) Login to SIS (Student Information System) at the right. If you are not able because you do not have a SIS Login ID, follow the steps below.
2) Complete the Permission to Enroll form to receive a SIS Login ID from Curry so you can browse course offerings, and register if you choose (see below for further information).
3) If you wish to take a course on-Grounds in Charlottesville, or Online, click on SIS in the right bar of your screen and browse our course offerings.
4) If you wish to take a course at one of our regional Centers in Virginia, or Online as well, click on 'Courses" in the right bar of your screen and browse our course offerings.
5) Register for the course/s you wish to take through SIS using your Login ID - everyone (on-Grounds, at Centers, and Online) must register for a course through SIS.
6) Important - Read the information below in its entirety.
If you have not yet applied for entry to a program of study but want to take a class (up to 6 credits can be applied toward a degree or certificate program), complete a Permission to Enroll Form prior to the start of classes. Please note that the form is not currently compatible with Internet Explorer 10. Please allow 1-2 business days for processing and be sure to fill out the residency section of the form to make sure that you are charged the correct tuition amount. Students who have maintained continuous enrollment with Curry starting in the fall of 2012 will not need to fill out a Permission to Enroll Form prior to the start of subsequent terms, as they will still be active in the Student Information System. To enroll in and pay for courses, use the Student Information System (SIS). If you filled out the PTE form, you will need to use the Password Reset/Retrieval link to get a password.
If your employer will be paying for your course, please complete the Course Sponsorship Form. The completed form will be sent to your employer for verification. Once the Curry School receives verification of the sponsorship, the charges will be moved off of your account.
If you are in a contract course with your school division, we will register you for your course when we receive a roster for the course from the school division; you only need to complete the Permission to Enroll Form.
If you have any questions about the registration process, feel free to contact us by email at email@example.com, phone at 703-536-1106, or toll-free at 1-877-280-6235.
Note: Beginning fall 2012, all students new to the Curry School – including students who have taken courses with the School of Continuing and Professional Studies, will need to fill out a Permission to Enroll Form to become Curry students and register for courses. Students who have not filled out the PTE form will be blocked in the Student Information System from registering for Curry courses.\
Important Note: If you register for a course and do not pay your tuition charges, you will not be automatically dropped from the course. The charges will remain on your student account until payment is made, regardless of attendance/participation in the course. Please review our drop/withdraw policy for more information.
Special Tuition Rate for PreK-12 Educators
Curry offers a discounted tuition rate for PreK-12 educators for the first 6 credits taken each term (3 credits per term max prior to spring 2014). In order to receive the special rate, students MUST complete the Special Tuition Form.
Paying for a Course
Students can pay for their courses in the Student Information System using the Quikpay function (see instructions below) or by mailing a check to the address below. Students who do not pay their tuition and fee charges within three days will have holds placed on their student accounts; these holds prevent further enrollment action. Once the charges are paid, the hold will be lifted within 24 hours. Note: We do not accept checks at the regional centers; they must be mailed to the address below.
Paying in SIS
Before you begin, be sure to remove pop-up blocker in order to access Quikpay.
- Go to http://www.virginia.edu/sis
- Click on SIS login
- At the Netbadge page enter you computing ID and password.
- This will take you to your SIS account.
- Under Finances there is a link to Quikpay@UVa
- Select a payment method and pay your bill.
- If you have any questions about using Quikpay, please contact the Helpdesk at http://its.virginia.edu/helpdesk
Paying by Check
Please include your University ID number on the memo portion of your check and mail it to:
Student Financial Services
Student Payment Processes
PO Box 400999
Charlottesville, VA 22904-4999