Register for a Class
Spring term registration is open!
Thank you for your interest in taking a course at the Curry School. We look forward to seeing you this spring!
We offer programs and courses in Charlottesville, online, and at our centers around the state of Virginia.
The instructions below show how to browse and register for all course offerings.
1) Browse for Courses
You may browse all courses and choose before registering.
Browse Courses Instructions
2) Register for Courses - Instructions:
- New Students - All students new to the Curry School, including students who have taken courses with the School of Continuing and Professional Studies, need to complete a Permission to Enroll Form (PTE) to become Curry students and register for courses. Students who have not filled out the PTE form will be blocked in the Student Information System (SIS) from registering for Curry courses. Once the PTE is approved, a SIS login ID will be emailed to you, then you may register on SIS for courses.
- Current Students - Students who have maintained continuous enrollment with Curry starting in the fall of 2012 will not need to fill out a Permission to Enroll Form prior to the start of subsequent terms, as they will still be active in the Student Information System. To enroll in and pay for courses, use your SIS login ID to enter the Student Information System (SIS). Click on the Password Reset/Retrieval link to get a new password.
- Previous Students - Students who have not maintained continuous enrollment since 2012 please contact the Curry Admissions Office to reactivate your student account - firstname.lastname@example.org, phone at 703-536-1106, or toll-free at 1-877-280-6235.
- Contract Course Students - If you are in a contract course with your school division, we will register you for your course when we receive a roster for the course from the school division. However, you must complete the Permission to Enroll Form at this time.
3) Additional Information
- Taking a class before applying to a program - If you have not yet applied for entry to a program of study but want to take a class (up to 6 credits can be applied toward a degree or certificate program), complete a Permission to Enroll Form prior to the start of classes. Please note that the form is not currently compatible with Internet Explorer 10. Please allow 1-2 business days for processing and be sure to fill out the residency section of the form to make sure that you are charged the correct tuition amount.
- Questions - If you have questions about the registration process, feel free to contact us by email at email@example.com, phone at 703-536-1106, or toll-free at 1-877-280-6235.
4) Tuition and Payment
Special Tuition Rate for PreK-12 Educators
Curry offers a discounted tuition rate for PreK-12 educators for the first 6 credits taken each term (3 credits per term max prior to spring 2014). In order to receive the special rate, students MUST complete the Special Tuition Form.
Paying for a Course
Students can pay for their courses in the Student Information System using the Quikpay function (see instructions below) or by mailing a check to the address below. Students who do not pay their tuition and fee charges within three days will have holds placed on their student accounts; these holds prevent further enrollment action. Once the charges are paid, the hold will be lifted within 24 hours. Note: We do not accept checks at the regional centers; they must be mailed to the address below.
Important Note: If you register for a course and do not pay your tuition charges, you will not be automatically dropped from the course. The charges will remain on your student account until payment is made, regardless of attendance/participation in the course. Please review our drop/withdraw policy for more information.
Paying in SIS
Before you begin, be sure to remove pop-up blocker in order to access Quikpay.
- Go to http://www.virginia.edu/sis
- Click on SIS login
- At the Netbadge page enter you computing ID and password.
- This will take you to your SIS account.
- Under Finances there is a link to Quikpay@UVa
- Select a payment method and pay your bill.
- If you have any questions about using Quikpay, please contact the Helpdesk at http://its.virginia.edu/helpdesk
Paying by Check
Please include your University ID number on the memo portion of your check and mail it to:
Student Financial Services
Student Payment Processes
PO Box 400999
Charlottesville, VA 22904-4999