Register for a Class
Fall Term Registration is now open!
Thank you for your interest in taking a course at the Curry School. We look forward to seeing you this fall!
These instructions show how to browse all of our course offerings located online, on Grounds in Charlottesville, and off Grounds at our Centers around the state of Virginia. It will also instruct you how to register for a course or courses once your selection is made.
There are different steps to view on-Grounds courses versus off-Grounds/regional centers and online. Please follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Browse Courses and Registration Steps:
1) If you already have a UVa SIS login ID (Student Information System) you may login to SIS at the left and browse our on-Grounds Charlottesville face-to-face course offerings.
2) If you do not have a SIS Login ID, complete the Permission to Enroll form at left. You will receive a SIS Login ID from Curry within 24-48 hours. You may then enter SIS and browse Curry's on-Grounds courses.
3) If you wish to browse our Online courses or those offered at one of our regional Centers in Virginia, you browse for them through the 'Courses" database at left. You do not need a SIS ID to browse these courses, but you will need the SIS ID to register for these courses.
5) Once you have found the courses you wish to take it's time to register. Registration for ALL courses (on-Grounds, at Centers, and Online) must be done through SIS using your SIS login ID. Registration starts with completion of the Permission to Enroll Form in SIS, see below.
6) Important - Read the information below in its entirety.
If you have not yet applied for entry to a program of study but want to take a class (up to 6 credits can be applied toward a degree or certificate program), complete a Permission to Enroll Form prior to the start of classes. Please note that the form is not currently compatible with Internet Explorer 10. Please allow 1-2 business days for processing and be sure to fill out the residency section of the form to make sure that you are charged the correct tuition amount. Students who have maintained continuous enrollment with Curry starting in the fall of 2012 will not need to fill out a Permission to Enroll Form prior to the start of subsequent terms, as they will still be active in the Student Information System. To enroll in and pay for courses, use the Student Information System (SIS). If you filled out the PTE form, you will need to use the Password Reset/Retrieval link to get a password.
If your employer will be paying for your course, please complete the Course Sponsorship Form. The completed form will be sent to your employer for verification. Once the Curry School receives verification of the sponsorship, the charges will be moved off of your account.
If you are in a contract course with your school division, we will register you for your course when we receive a roster for the course from the school division; you only need to complete the Permission to Enroll Form.
If you have any questions about the registration process, feel free to contact us by email at email@example.com, phone at 703-536-1106, or toll-free at 1-877-280-6235.
Note: Beginning fall 2012, all students new to the Curry School – including students who have taken courses with the School of Continuing and Professional Studies, will need to fill out a Permission to Enroll Form to become Curry students and register for courses. Students who have not filled out the PTE form will be blocked in the Student Information System from registering for Curry courses.\
Important Note: If you register for a course and do not pay your tuition charges, you will not be automatically dropped from the course. The charges will remain on your student account until payment is made, regardless of attendance/participation in the course. Please review our drop/withdraw policy for more information.
Special Tuition Rate for PreK-12 Educators
Curry offers a discounted tuition rate for PreK-12 educators for the first 6 credits taken each term (3 credits per term max prior to spring 2014). In order to receive the special rate, students MUST complete the Special Tuition Form.
Paying for a Course
Students can pay for their courses in the Student Information System using the Quikpay function (see instructions below) or by mailing a check to the address below. Students who do not pay their tuition and fee charges within three days will have holds placed on their student accounts; these holds prevent further enrollment action. Once the charges are paid, the hold will be lifted within 24 hours. Note: We do not accept checks at the regional centers; they must be mailed to the address below.
Paying in SIS
Before you begin, be sure to remove pop-up blocker in order to access Quikpay.
- Go to http://www.virginia.edu/sis
- Click on SIS login
- At the Netbadge page enter you computing ID and password.
- This will take you to your SIS account.
- Under Finances there is a link to Quikpay@UVa
- Select a payment method and pay your bill.
- If you have any questions about using Quikpay, please contact the Helpdesk at http://its.virginia.edu/helpdesk
Paying by Check
Please include your University ID number on the memo portion of your check and mail it to:
Student Financial Services
Student Payment Processes
PO Box 400999
Charlottesville, VA 22904-4999