Register for a Class
Summer term registration is now open!
Fall term registration (click here for more info) is open for current students, and new students may browse for courses now and register August 1.
Thank you for your interest in taking a course at the Curry School. We look forward to seeing you this summer!
We offer courses in Charlottesville, Online, and at our Centers around the state of Virginia. Renew your teaching license, expand your skills, or start an endorsement course series, we have many interesting and valuable options.
The instructions below show how to browse and register for all course offerings.
1) Location Options:
- Charlottesville - If you wish to take a course on Grounds in Charlottesville in Summer Session, go here to browse courses and register in Charlottesville. (Select Education Sessions I - IV).
- Online and Regional Centers - If you wish to take a course online or at one of our regional centers, follow the instructions below to browse for courses (in step 2) and to register (in step 3).
2) Browse for courses online and at regional centers in Virginia.
Here is a list of all online and center courses that are still open for registration. For details such as dates, times, and descriptions click on Browse Courses below.
You may browse all courses in SIS and choose before registering.
Browse Courses Instructions
3) Register for courses online and at regional centers in Virginia - Instructions:
- Students new to the Curry School - All students new to the Curry School (including students who have taken courses at any time in the past with other University schools, such as the School of Continuing and Professional Studies or Arts & Sciences) will need to complete an online Permission to Enroll Form (PTE) to become Curry students and register for courses.
There is a delay of approximately two business days between submitting an online PTE and receiving your SIS login ID via e-mail, after which you may register in SIS for courses.
If you were a UVa student in another school previously, this process will update your existing student record to reflect your new status as a Curry student. However, your login and password will remain the same as those originally assigned to you.
Note: Students who have not filled out the PTE form will not be able to use the Student Information System (SIS) to register for Curry courses.
- Current Curry Students - Please use your SIS login ID to register using the Student Information System (SIS). If necessary, click on the Password Reset/Retrieval link to obtain a new password.
- Previous Curry Students - If your are unable to use the self-registration function in SIS, please contact the Curry Admissions Office (email@example.com, 434-924-0742, Northern Virginia 703-536-1106, or toll-free at 1-877-280-6235) for assistance.
- Contract Course Students (including school division contracts) - You must complete the Permission to Enroll Form to create your student record; then, Curry staff will register you for your course once we receive a roster for the course from the school division.
Please be sure to read Curry's drop and withdrawal policy prior to enrolling in a course.
4) Additional Information
- Taking a class before applying to a program - If you have not yet applied for entry to a program of study but want to take a class (up to 6 credits can be applied toward a degree or certificate program), complete a Permission to Enroll Form prior to the start of classes. Please note that the form is not currently compatible with Internet Explorer 10. Please allow 1-2 business days for processing and be sure to fill out the residency section of the form to make sure that you are charged the correct tuition amount.
- Questions - If you have questions about the registration process, feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone at 703-536-1106, or toll-free at 1-877-280-6235.
5) Tuition and Payment
Special Tuition Rate for PreK-12 Educators
Curry offers a discounted tuition rate for PreK-12 educators for the first 6 credits taken each term (3 credits per term max prior to spring 2014). In order to receive the special rate, students MUST complete the Special Tuition Form.
Paying for a Course
Students can pay for their courses in the Student Information System using the Quikpay function (see instructions below) or by mailing a check to the address below. Students who do not pay their tuition and fee charges within three days will have holds placed on their student accounts; these holds prevent further enrollment action. Once the charges are paid, the hold will be lifted within 24 hours. Note: We do not accept checks at the regional centers; they must be mailed to the address below.
Important Note: If you register for a course and do not pay your tuition charges, you will not be automatically dropped from the course. The charges will remain on your student account until payment is made, regardless of attendance/participation in the course. Please review our drop/withdraw policy for more information.
Paying in SIS
Before you begin, be sure to remove pop-up blocker in order to access Quikpay.
- Go to http://www.virginia.edu/sis
- Click on SIS login
- At the Netbadge page enter you computing ID and password.
- This will take you to your SIS account.
- Under Finances there is a link to Quikpay@UVa
- Select a payment method and pay your bill.
- If you have any questions about using Quikpay, please contact the Helpdesk at http://its.virginia.edu/helpdesk
Paying by Check
Please include your University ID number on the memo portion of your check and mail it to:
Student Financial Services
Student Payment Processes
PO Box 400999
Charlottesville, VA 22904-4999