Consistent with Thomas Jefferson’s ideal that “a strong body makes the mind strong,” the mission of the Kinesiology program is to advance the discovery, development, interpretation, dissemination, and application of knowledge that relates the study of human movement and physical activity to human well-being. As a member of the American Kinesiology Association (AKA), The Faculty are committed to the process of learning that includes four interdependent functions.
- The preparation of caring and committed professional and scholars in physical activity, exercise, sport and rehabilitation who are life-long learners and leaders, able to make critical judgments, and solve difficult problems;
- The generation of knowledge that addresses fundamental and applied research questions and guides professional practice in physical activity, exercise, sport and rehabilitation;
- The design and delivery of physical activity, exercise, sport and rehabilitation opportunities to enhance quality of life; and
- The provision of leadership and service to the University, community, and to professional organizations at the state, national, and international level in physical activity, exercise, sport and rehabilitation.
The faculty in Kinesiology are committed to educating and collaborating with our students to address a wide range of health, fitness, and physical activity issues facing children and adults in our society. Our programs offer a unique blend of direct instruction, field/clinical practice, and research at the bachelors, masters, and doctoral levels. We foster innovation and diversity across many dimensions and strive to include input from multiple perspectives so that we can prepare our students to engage in projects that address the needs of our increasingly complex and diverse society.
- Master of Teaching- Health & Physical Education
- Ph.D. in Kinesiology - Exercise Physiology
- Ph.D. in Kinesiology - Pedagogy
- Ph.D. in Kinesiology - Adapted Physical Education
- Ph.D. in Kinesiology - Sports Medicine
- M.Ed in Kinesiology—Adapted Physical Education
- M.Ed. in Kinesiology- West Point Teaching Prog.
- M.Ed in Kinesiology—Exercise Physiology
- M.Ed. in Kinesiology - Athletic Training
- M.Ed. in Kinesiology - Pedagogy
- Kinesiology Major