Annual Programs & Events
VASPA (Virginia Association of School Personnel Administrators) Job Fair: TBA, Fall 2013 from 12-3pm (VA)
Make the Most of Educators' Expo: How to Land and Ace Your Interviews!: Thursday, February 21, 2013 from 5-6pm in Holloway Hall (Bavaro Hall, Room 116)
Educators' Expo K-12 Job & Interview Fair: FRIDAY, MARCH 1, 2013 (Newcomb Hall Ballroom and adjacent rooms) REGISTRATION is NOW OPEN for Participating k-12 Recruiting Organizations
Spring Semester 2013 Student Drop-in Hours: 3:30-5:30pm every Wednesday and Thursday (while classes are in session during the academic year) in Bavaro 218C. Questions about resumes, CV’s, cover letters, job fair prep (for Educators' Expo k-12 Job & Interview Fair), internships, job search, interviewing, graduate school? Not sure where to start? Stop by and receive one-on-one assistance for up to 15 minutes.
Student Resume Assistance: Take advantage of walk-in hours and Education Resume Marathon (see above). Additionally, you can access University Career Services' walk-in hours for resume critiques, every Monday-Friday 1pm-3pm during the semester. Also, check out CareerShift's "Resume Wizard" available through the University Career Services (UCS) website. It is a good tool to help you create your first resume.
On-Grounds Interviewing (OGI)
Some education recruiting agencies, non-profit, government and public service organizations conduct interviews on-grounds. To participate and be considered for interviews, you will need to attend an OGI Orientation and then you will be set to start submitting your resume for organizations and companies that come here to interview you. If you have not yet attended an orientation and you want to participate in OGI, then you must complete the orientation that is now available online:
Getting into the Job Market
- Advising Services
- K-12 Job Search Tools (Handbook with How-To Guides)
- Job Listings: K-12, Higher Ed, Counseling & Non-Profit
- Curry CareerCasts: Podcasts on International Teaching; Education Job Fair & Interview Preparation; Money Management; more topics to come!
- Career Tracks / Research Resources
- Guide to Local Youth/Teaching Options for CLAS & Curry
Resources for Job Seekers
- CAVLink - U.Va.‘s main job listing service - Looking for a job or internship? Register on CAV-Link (if you haven’t already done so), and upload your resume!
- Hoosonline - U.Va.‘s networking resources - check out Career Resources/UCAN & the NEW Social Network
- Alumni Clubs - network through social events when visiting the geographic area
- Interfolio - U.Va.‘s partner to help with managing letters of recommendation
- University Career Services - U.Va.’s central career services office; be sure to set up a MyUCS account to access job listings purchased by UCS