Earn a Degree at Top-Ranked UVA Curry School of Ed
A fulfilling career, job security, and career advancement are just some of the reasons to become an educator, or to advance your education career, at top-ranked UVA Curry School of Education.
Applications for summer and fall 2017 enrollment are being accepted until June 1, 2017.
The benefits of starting a career in education are many:
- Have a job that you love, and that will make a difference in kids' lives.
- Pursue a career that affects the future, a strong education system is the foundation of a strong society.
- Job security, there are teacher shortages throughout the country and jobs are plentiful.
- Almost 100% of UVA Curry graduates have more than one job offer.
- Experience in the education field builds excellent skill sets applicable to many other fields.
The benefits for current teachers of advancing your career with Curry are many:
- Earn a degree from a top-ranked institution.
- Increase your teaching options with new skills in specialized areas.
- Be prepared for strong education leadership roles.
- Learn curriculum backed by tested research from Curry School faculty both in-person and online.
- Choose from a variety of program options, delivered at various locations and online, offered part-time with schedules convenient for working professionals.
Programs and locations with June 1 application deadlines are listed below.
Charlottesville (full-time in-person)
- Teacher Education – M.T. - Elementary and Secondary - Become a teacher
- Special Education – M.T. - Become a Special Ed teacher
- Administration & Supervision – M.Ed. & Certificate - education leadership
- Curriculum & Instruction – M.Ed. - several optional focus areas
- Ed Psych: Applied Developmental Science - M.Ed. - development of youth in their social contexts
- Kinesiology - M.Ed. - the study of physical activity and its impact on health, society, and quality of life
- Reading Education – M.Ed., Ed.S., Reading Specialist Certificate, Adolescent Literacy Certificate
- Higher Education – M.Ed. - focus areas in Athletic Admin., Student Affairs, Higher Ed Admin.
- Research, Statistics, & Evaluation – M.Ed. - data analysis or preparation for doctoral study
- Social Foundations – M.Ed. - an interdisciplinary course of study
- Curriculum & Instruction – M.Ed. - focus areas in Instructional Technology, Reading, Gifted Ed, ELL
- Reading Education – M.Ed., Adolescent Literacy Certificate
- Gifted Education - course series for Endorsement
- English Language Learners - course series for Endorsement
- Professional Studies Course Series – Teaching license alternate route
- Professional Development courses – over 45 online courses offered spring, summer and fall terms
Falls Church Center (part-time with schedules convenient for working professionals)
Richmond Center (part-time with schedules convenient for working professionals)
The Curry School of Education is ranked #18 in 2018 US News & World Report Rankings.
Be a part of UVA!