- First, Second and Third Floor metal stud framing, HVAC ductwork and sprinkler system construction is in progress.
- Installation of drywall is in progress on First, Second and Third Floor
- Auditorium metal stud framing and HVAC ductwork construction is in progress on the ground floor.
- High Roof and Low Roof construction is complete.
- MEP rough in complete on 3rd Floor.
- All exterior windows are being re-glazed.
- Modernization of the existing passenger elevator is in progress
- New entrance has been constructed on the first floor east side that opens to the courtyard.
- Scaffolding is being lowered in sections and will be removed completely by mid-October.
- Demolition has begun and shoring is being installed at the exterior masonry columns.
Exterior renovation includes:
- The accessible route from the south parking lot will include a new sidewalk with accessible curb ramps at access aisles connected to new sidewalk.
- Temporary 6’ wide asphalt walkway between the Physics Building and Dell Building #1 is complete.
- Dell Bank and Parking Lot Landscape.
Interior renovation includes:
- Asbestos Abatement
- Complete replacement of ceiling and floor systems.
- Construction of new interior partition walls.
- All interior finishes are to be replaced and renovated.
- Major replacement of doors and frames.
- Replacement of plumbing, HVAC and electrical systems.
- Installation of fire protection.
- Modernization of the existing passenger elevator.
Ruffner Hall Memories
More memories are featured at http://curry.virginia.edu/media/photos/ruffner-hall-memories
- Great news! A six foot wide asphalt walkway was built between the Physics Building and Dell Building #1 on February 6, 2013. Lighting for the walk to be installed next week.
“GETTING AROUND” RUFFNER HALL FENCES
Once renovations are underway on January 11, 2013, knowing how to “get around” Ruffner Hall will be imperative. Lynn Rush, Project Manager for the Ruffner renovation, has some valuable advice. Click on the map image to enlarge it.
“Please be advised that due to construction work on the Ruffner Hall Renovation project, east/west Ruffner Hall Pedestrian Access will be closed between Bavaro Hall and Bonnycastle Drive until December 2013.
Pedestrians traveling east/west in the vicinity may use McCormick Road, or pathways by the Dell as alternate routes.
A temporary accessible route to the first floor of Bavaro Hall from McCormick Road will be provided via a temporary ramp located at the southern end of the courtyard between Bavaro and Ruffner Halls.
The pedestrian closure will be marked with signage during construction. The project area will be secured with chain link and wooden fencing during the renovation anticipated to start January 2013 and to be completed by July 2014.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have about this project.”
Lynn K. Rush
With Ruffner Hall closing for renovation at the end of December, several students, staff, and faculty have asked the CLIC librarians where they might be able to locate and reserve a space during the 18 months that Ruffner Hall is closed. Below are some options.
Rooms throughout the UVa Libraries can be reserved by faculty, staff, and students affiliated with the University of Virginia for group study, meetings, occasional teaching and presentations. Click the appropriate link below for more information and to initiate a reservation request using the Book-It system.
Curry students, staff, and faculty can also reserve the presentation / meeting space in the CLIC, room 306, Bavaro Hall by calling Kay Buchanan at 434-982-2664. Please see the previous posting on this blog for additional information about reserving the CLIC.
This week, we finalized the lease agreements on the last of the space needed to accommodate faculty and staff currently housed in Ruffner Hall. We are in the process of making final room assignments for individual and projects, but those details should be forthcoming in the next week or so. For the time being the following general assignments can help to guide planning.
Administrative offices (budget/finance, HR, facilities, research administration) – First floor of One Morton Drive
ETO staff and equipment – Ground floor of One Morton Drive. Some staff will be located in the SEAS complex.
Administration and Supervision, Higher Education, and Education Policy faculty – Second floor of Olsson Hall
UCEA – Second floor of Olsson Hall
VASS – Second floor of Olsson Hall
Center for Education Policy and Workforce Competitiveness – Second floor of Olsson Hall
CASTL-Higher Education – Second floor of Olsson Hall
Other Curry faculty in Ruffner Hall – Second floor of Olsson Hall
YouthNEX – 2023 Ivy Road (former site of Cary’s Camera)
Other research and projects in Ruffner Hall – Second, third and fourth floors of One Morton Drive
Stay tuned for further details!
Students and faculty,
Do you need to reserve a space for a meeting or presentation? If so, consider reserving the CLIC meeting/presentation space. The CLIC is located in Bavaro Hall, room 306. There is only one space you can reserve, however, you can set up the space in a variety of ways including those below to meet your needs. There is a projector, computer, and screen in the space. There is a limit to the number of people the CLIC can accommodate in the meeting space, so you will need to discuss this when making your reservations. And, yes, food is allowed at meetings in the CLIC!
The CLIC hours are:
Monday – Thursday 8:00am – 8:00pm
Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Saturday and Sunday CLOSED
To make a reservation, contact the CLIC librarian, Kay Buchanan. 434-982-2664 or email@example.com
The meeting space which you can reserve is located on the far left. The individual study space is located in front of the large window. The individual study space can’t be reserved or included in the meeting space, as we want to ensure that students have a place to study or have access to the public computers.