Day in the Life (DITL) - Community Service Learning
Spring 2017 DITL Important Dates & Reminders
- Wednesday, Jan 18: UVA Classes Begin
- Wednesday, Jan 25 @ 9:00 AM: DITL Registration OPENS
- Friday, Jan 27 @ 1:00 PM (Ruffner Hall Rm 302 LDC): DITL Community Service-Learning Information Session
- Monday, Jan 30: DITL registered students begin to report to their sites.
*Tuesday, Feb 14: DITL Registration CLOSES (3:00 PM) - updated 2/3/17
- Tuesday, May 2: Last day of UVA Classes (the last day UVA students may report to tutoring sites for this semester).
- Wednesday, May 3: DITL Attendance Sheets will be picked up at approved site locations.
ACPS (Albemarle County Public Schools); CCS (Charlottesville City Schools)
ACPS & CCS: No students
Mon-Fri, Apr 3-7 (Spring Break)
What is DITL?
The Day in the Life Program (DITL) is a community-based initiative that addresses the disparity in academic performance among youth in Charlottesville & Albemarle County schools. Through service-learning, UVA students provide classroom and homework assistance to locale K-12 students.
For College Credit:
Work in school classrooms, after-school programs, and community agencies to provide classroom and homework assistance through the following Curry courses.
|Class & Section||Class Name|
|EDHS 1100||Introduction to Youth and Social Innovation|
|EDHS 2895||Minding the Mind: Engaging Youth in Learning|
|EDHS 1120||Change the World: Fdns of Community Engagement|
|EDHS 3200||Introduction to Counseling Student Athletes|
|EDIS 2010||Teaching as a Profession|
|EDIS 2880||Field Experience|
|EDLF 3240||Multicultural Education|
For Community Service:
Friday, Jan 27 @ 1:00 PM (Ruffner Hall Rm 302 LDC): DITL Community Service-Learning Information Session
Earn community service hours by volunteering in our local schools and community agencies. How do I get started? To sign up, visit http://curry.virginia.edu/ditl and attend a DITL Community Service Learning Information session, held at the beginning of each semester. For additional information about the program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us in Ruffner Hall, suite 102.
Jane Mayhew Cook
Education and Outreach Coordinator
Office Hours: Mon – Fri (9:00 AM – 3:00 PM)
Curry School of Education
102 Ruffner Hall,
Charlottesville, VA 22904