About the Curry School Parents Council
The Curry School Parents Council is composed of parents of current Curry School of Education students in both undergraduate and graduate programs.
Members of the Curry School Parents Council attend semi-annual meetings and participate in conference calls, serve as ambassadors for the School, volunteer time and talent for special projects, and provide financial support to the School.
The Curry School Parents Council serves as an opportunity to engage with the School in a variety of different ways:
- Hear exclusive news and updates directly from the Dean and faculty from students’ programs;
- Learn about a variety of topics from students and University of Virginia leaders
- Welcome families of new Curry School students through phone calls or emails;
- Communicate with other Curry School parents about important news and topics;
- Help Curry School students with career networking opportunities
- Support the Curry School by making annual gifts that support our students, faculty, and community spaces;
- Offer advice and guidance on important and pressing issues related to the student experience
Learn more about the Parents Council, contact
Prospective Parents Council members are identified by staff members, current parents, or are individuals who have expressed interest to serve. Members are selected and invited based on interest, ability to meet expectations, geographical representations, and recommendations.