CASTL | The Center for Advanced Study of Teaching and Learning
Newly Funded Curry School Research to Evaluate Education Innovations
CASTL Researchers Williford and Downer awarded grants by U.S. Department of Education’s Institute of Education Sciences.
FOCAL Lab Engages in International Collaboration with University of Tuebingen
Prof. Hulleman works with University of Tuebingen to examine STEM motivation from international perspective.
Rimm-Kaufman Talks About How Social, Emotional Skills Lead to Academic Gains
Prof. and CASTL Researcher Sara Rimm-Kaufman outlines key findings from Responsive Classroom study published in the American Education Research Journal.
CASTL Partners with VECF to Offer Free Online Course for Early Childhood Educators
The Virginia Early Childhood Foundation and CASTL offer free Early Classroom Interactions online course to VA teachers.
News, Research, & Resources
- White House Interested in Pianta-Fantuzzo Proposal
- CASTL publication in top 250 most read articles
- Research Brief: Psychometric Properties of the Teacher-Reported Motor Skills Rating Scale
- CASTL Part of 17.5 Million Federal Preschool Expansion Grant
- Student Profile: Helyn Kim Returns to Curry to Focus on Researching Early Foundational Skills
- Prof. Jennings Presents Master Lecture on Mindfulness in the Classroom
- Student Profile: Micela Leis Wants Every Child to Feel Excited About Going to School
- Dean Pianta Discusses New Report on TX Pre-K with KERA Radio
- Curry Early Childhood Researchers Sign Consensus Letter to Support Increased Investments
- Alumna Laura Brock Reflects on her Research Training at Curry