CASTL | The Center for Advanced Study of Teaching and Learning
VA Legislature Awards CASTL Researchers $1M to Take Kindergarten Readiness Assessment Statewide
Based on the success of the pilot study, Virginia legislatures added $1M to this year's budget to expand the VKRP.
CASTL Plays Vital Role in 'Bold and Innovative' VPI Plus
CASTL researchers will play a vital role in transforming Virginia’s existing State Preschool Program into a national exemplar with a project called VPI Plus.
CASTL's Mission to Improve Education in Latin America
CASTL is doing a descriptive study of children’s classroom experiences in Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade in Brazil, Ecuador and Chile.
FOCAL Lab Engages in International Collaboration with University of Tuebingen
Prof. Hulleman works with University of Tuebingen to examine STEM motivation from international perspective.
Rimm-Kaufman Talks About How Social, Emotional Skills Lead to Academic Gains
Prof. and CASTL Researcher Sara Rimm-Kaufman outlines key findings from Responsive Classroom study published in the American Education Research Journal.
CASTL Partners with VECF to Offer Free Online Course for Early Childhood Educators
The Virginia Early Childhood Foundation and CASTL offer free Early Classroom Interactions online course to VA teachers.
News, Research, & Resources
- VPI + Coaches: We Are Ready to Start Making a Difference
- CASTL Piloting Interventions in Chile and Ecuador
- Prof. Jennings’ Mindfulness for Teachers Gets Attention
- Research Brief: Study of Over 30,000 K-8th Graders Shows Steepest Learning Occurs Before 3rd Grade
- NPR and Chicago Tribune Feature CASTL’s Research on Disagreeable Teens
- UVA Alumni Feature Prof. Williford Twice
- Williford Writes Article for UVA Magazine Entitled ‘Getting Your Child Ready for Kindergarten’
- Va. Legislature Awards Researchers $1M to Assess Kindergarten Readiness
- MyTeachingPartner (MTP) Included in New Guide to Effective PD
- Research Brief: What predicts how well teachers implement Banking Time with disruptive preschoolers?