CASTL | The Center for Advanced Study of Teaching and Learning
VA Legislature Awards CASTL Researchers $1M to Take Kindergarten Readiness Assessment Statewide
Based on the success of the pilot study, Virginia legislatures added $1M to this year's budget to expand the VKRP.
CASTL Plays Vital Role in 'Bold and Innovative' VPI Plus
CASTL researchers will play a vital role in transforming Virginia’s existing State Preschool Program into a national exemplar with a project called VPI Plus.
CASTL's Mission to Improve Education in Latin America
CASTL is doing a descriptive study of children’s classroom experiences in Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade in Brazil, Ecuador and Chile.
FOCAL Lab Engages in International Collaboration with University of Tuebingen
Prof. Hulleman works with University of Tuebingen to examine STEM motivation from international perspective.
Rimm-Kaufman Talks About How Social, Emotional Skills Lead to Academic Gains
Prof. and CASTL Researcher Sara Rimm-Kaufman outlines key findings from Responsive Classroom study published in the American Education Research Journal.
CASTL Partners with VECF to Offer Free Online Course for Early Childhood Educators
The Virginia Early Childhood Foundation and CASTL offer free Early Classroom Interactions online course to VA teachers.
News, Research, & Resources
- CASTL’s Sonia Cabell Featured on ‘Studentcentricity with Rae Pica’
- Kyrgyzstan Government Seeks Curry’s Expertise in School Reform
- Brief: Visuomotor Integration and Inhibitory Control Compensate for Each Other in School Readiness
- U.Va.’s Curry School Hosts Delegation from Singapore
- Coalition of Education Providers Aims to Help Over 700 ‘High Need’ Children in Alexandria
- 4Rs+MTP: A Teacher Consultation Model and Social-emotional Intervention With an ‘Innovative Twist’
- New Study Aims to Support Preschoolers’ Language and Literacy Skills, With Help From Their Parents
- Research Brief: Opportunistic Biases: Their Origins, Effects and an Integrated Solution
- Innovative Norfolk School Aims to Prepare All Children for Kindergarten
- VPI + Coaches: We Are Ready to Start Making a Difference