CASTL | The Center for Advanced Study of Teaching and Learning
Academic Growth of African American Students Fostered Best by High Expectations
A CASTL study finds that teachers characterized as "warm-demanders" foster academic growth.
Study Finds Parents are Key in Generating Teenagers’ Long-Term Interest in STEM
Researchers at CASTL, the University of Wisconsin and the University of Chicago find parents play vital role in promoting STEM.
CASTL Study Identifies Way to Prevent Disruptive Behavior in Preschool Classrooms
CASTL researchers find positive effects of Banking Time intervention.
CASTL Celebrates 10 Years of Research to Improve Classroom Instruction
From child care To graduate school, CASTL studies aim to improve teaching quality.
Can Better Instruction Have a Large Impact on Reducing the Racial Discipline Gap
Researchers from CASTL and Rutgers University join in new study to find answers.
News, Research, & Resources
- Prof. Williford Joins National Summit on Early Childhood Education
- Study Finds Academic Growth of African American Students Fostered Best by High Expectations
- New York Magazine Blog Cites Prof. Hulleman’s Meta Analysis of Motivation Interventions
- Three Early Education Articles by CASTL Researches Make Ten-Most Cited List
- Study Identifies a Key to Preventing Disruptive Behavior in Preschool Classrooms
- Study Finds Parents are Key in Generating Teenagers’ Long-Term Interest in STEM
- Boston Globe Features CASTL Research on Positive Effects of Banking Time
- CASTL Faculty Contribute to Child and Family Blog on Quality of Classroom Interactions
- CASTL is Making Classrooms Better, From Child Care To Grad School
- Nine UVA Education Faculty, 3 Alumni Named to Influential Scholars List