CASTL | The Center for Advanced Study of Teaching and Learning
Can Better Instruction Have a Large Impact on Reducing the Racial Discipline Gap
Researchers from CASTL and Rutgers University join in new study to find answers.
Dean Pianta Writes Letter to Future President
As part of the Miller Center's First Year Program, Pianta urges future president to prioritize preschool as an equalizer to educational opportunity.
Does it Matter if Teachers and Students are the Same Race?
CASTL research finds that the background of teachers in the preschool classroom can make a difference for some young students.
CASTL's Impact is Improving Schools in South America, Central Asia
Prof. Jennifer LoCasale-Crouch's research is finding that good teaching is good teaching, regardless of whether the classroom is in the U.S., Ecuador or Kyrgyzstan.
New Grant Aims to Test Core Knowledge Language Arts Read-Aloud Program
In a first of its kind study, researchers at CASTL receive a grant from the Institute of Education Sciences to test this widely implemented curriculum.
News, Research, & Resources
- Prof. Williford Cited on Benefits of Preschool in Virginia Pilot
- Can Better Classroom Instruction Have a Large Impact on Closing the Racial Discipline Gap?
- New Work with DCPS with CASTL & EdPolicyWorks Highlighted in an Article on Teacher Evaluations
- MyTeachingPartner Coaching Featured by Education Week as Way to Reduce Racial Discipline Gap
- Department of Education’s Rethink Discipline Initiative Highlights Two CASTL Resources
- EdPolicyWorks and CASTL Collaborate with DCPS, New Work Highlighted in Ed Reform Article
- Curry’s Impact is Improving Schools in South America, Central Asia
- Prof. Jennings and CARE are featured on the NPR Blog
- Research You Can Use: Educators Edition 2016
- Just Say Yes - Prof. LoCasale-Crouch Shares Inspiration for International Research