CASTL | The Center for Advanced Study of Teaching and Learning
Newly Funded Curry School Research to Evaluate Education Innovations
CASTL Researchers Williford and Downer awarded grants by U.S. Department of Education’s Institute of Education Sciences.
FOCAL Lab Engages in International Collaboration with University of Tuebingen
Prof. Hulleman works with University of Tuebingen to examine STEM motivation from international perspective.
Rimm-Kaufman Talks About How Social, Emotional Skills Lead to Academic Gains
Prof. and CASTL Researcher Sara Rimm-Kaufman outlines key findings from Responsive Classroom study published in the American Education Research Journal.
CASTL Partners with VECF to Offer Free Online Course for Early Childhood Educators
The Virginia Early Childhood Foundation and CASTL offer free Early Classroom Interactions online course to VA teachers.
News, Research, & Resources
- Graduate Programs and CASTL
- Research Brief: Improving Teacher-Child Conversations in Preschool Classrooms
- Student Profile: Sadie Hasbrouck wants to make a difference
- New Park Place school will be statewide model
- Hulleman’s research featured in Slate
- Cameron’s Research Contributes to Discussion About Why Girls Get Better Grades Than Boys
- Hulleman Featured in the New York Times
- CASTL relocates to Ruffner Hall
- Workshop focuses on self-regulation skills of young kids
- Williford is Briefing Lawmakers on the Virginia Kindergarten Readiness Project