CASTL | The Center for Advanced Study of Teaching and Learning
Study Finds Parents are Key in Generating Teenagers’ Long-Term Interest in STEM
Researchers at CASTL, the University of Wisconsin and the University of Chicago find parents play vital role in promoting STEM.
CASTL Celebrates 10 Years of Research to Improve Classroom Instruction
From child care To graduate school, CASTL studies aim to improve teaching quality.
Study Finds Positive One-on-One Time with Teachers Reduces Preschoolers' Stress
Boston Globe features CASTL research on positive effects of Banking Time
Does it Matter if Teachers and Students are the Same Race?
CASTL research finds that the background of teachers in the preschool classroom can make a difference for some young students.
Can Better Instruction Have a Large Impact on Reducing the Racial Discipline Gap
Researchers from CASTL and Rutgers University join in new study to find answers.
News, Research, & Resources
- Study Identifies a Key to Preventing Disruptive Behavior in Preschool Classrooms
- CASTL Study Identifies A Key to Preventing Disruptive Behavior in Preschool Classrooms
- Study Finds Parents are Key in Generating Teenagers’ Long-Term Interest in STEM
- Boston Globe Features CASTL Research on Positive Effects of Banking Time
- CASTL Faculty Contribute to Child and Family Blog on Quality of Classroom Interactions
- CASTL is Making Classrooms Better, From Child Care To Grad School
- Nine UVA Education Faculty, 3 Alumni Named to Influential Scholars List
- Post-Doc Alumna Reflects on the Mentoring at Curry, How It Advanced Her Career
- New White House Brief Cites EdPolicyWorks and CASTL Research
- CASTL Researchers Pen Article Describing Efforts to Define Quality in Early Childhood Education