CASTL | The Center for Advanced Study of Teaching and Learning
CASTL's Mission to Improve Education in Latin America
CASTL is doing a descriptive study of children’s classroom experiences in Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade in Brazil, Ecuador and Chile.
Newly Funded Curry School Research to Evaluate Education Innovations
CASTL Researchers Williford and Downer awarded grants by U.S. Department of Education’s Institute of Education Sciences.
FOCAL Lab Engages in International Collaboration with University of Tuebingen
Prof. Hulleman works with University of Tuebingen to examine STEM motivation from international perspective.
Rimm-Kaufman Talks About How Social, Emotional Skills Lead to Academic Gains
Prof. and CASTL Researcher Sara Rimm-Kaufman outlines key findings from Responsive Classroom study published in the American Education Research Journal.
CASTL Partners with VECF to Offer Free Online Course for Early Childhood Educators
The Virginia Early Childhood Foundation and CASTL offer free Early Classroom Interactions online course to VA teachers.
News, Research, & Resources
- Holland Banse wants to bridge the gap between research and practice
- CASTL Research Makes NPR’s list of ‘5 Lessons Education Research Taught us in 2014’
- Video: Amanda Williford gives Curry Research Lecture on 2/13/15
- The CLASS Featured in the Seattle Times
- Relationship Blindness: How Disagreeable Teens Don’t See What Their Friends Do
- Prof. Hamre Quoted in Reuters Story About Teacher Depression
- Visiting Scholar From New Zealand seeks CASTL’s Expertise About the CLASS and MTP
- CASTL Research Well Represented at the SRCD Biennial Conference
- Curry Magazine Article About Ed Scientists in a Public Role Cites Several CASTL Faculty
- CASTL’s Jeff Kosovich Publishes on Carnegie Commons Blog