CASTL | The Center for Advanced Study of Teaching and Learning
CASTL's Mission to Improve Education in Latin America
CASTL is doing a descriptive study of children’s classroom experiences in Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade in Brazil, Ecuador and Chile.
Newly Funded Curry School Research to Evaluate Education Innovations
CASTL Researchers Williford and Downer awarded grants by U.S. Department of Education’s Institute of Education Sciences.
FOCAL Lab Engages in International Collaboration with University of Tuebingen
Prof. Hulleman works with University of Tuebingen to examine STEM motivation from international perspective.
Rimm-Kaufman Talks About How Social, Emotional Skills Lead to Academic Gains
Prof. and CASTL Researcher Sara Rimm-Kaufman outlines key findings from Responsive Classroom study published in the American Education Research Journal.
CASTL Partners with VECF to Offer Free Online Course for Early Childhood Educators
The Virginia Early Childhood Foundation and CASTL offer free Early Classroom Interactions online course to VA teachers.
News, Research, & Resources
- Curry Magazine Article About Ed Scientists in a Public Role Cites Several CASTL Faculty
- CASTL’s Jeff Kosovich Publishes on Carnegie Commons Blog
- VKRP Gets Statewide Coverage
- VKRP Executive Summary and Legislative Report
- CASTL’s Mission to Improve Education in Latin America
- Washington Post and Others Cover VKRP Report
- Comprehensive Report on School Readiness Finds Some Virginia Students Lacking
- Ten U.Va. Education Scholars Make Public Influence Rankings for First Time
- White House Interested in Pianta-Fantuzzo Proposal
- CASTL publication in top 250 most read articles