CASTL | The Center for Advanced Study of Teaching and Learning
Four CASTL Projects Highlighted in the Nation's Push to Improve Early Childhood Education
In Virginia and across the nation, CASTL research is leading the way in efforts to improve early childhood education.
New VPI+ Website Provides Quick Access to Online Educational Resources
CASTL researchers have developed a new website to help educators find relevant resources quickly.
New Grant Aims to Test Core Knowledge Language Arts Read-Aloud Program
In a first of its kind study, researchers at CASTL receive a grant from the Institute of Education Sciences to test this widely implemented curriculum.
Can Better Instruction Have a Large Impact on Reducing the Racial Discipline Gap
Researchers from CASTL and Rutgers University join in new study to find answers.
Does it Matter if Teachers and Students are the Same Race?
CASTL research finds that the background of teachers in the preschool classroom can make a difference for some young students.
News, Research, & Resources
- Prof. Hamre Reflect on Cultivating Focus as Guest Author for Curry Blog
- Prof. Williford Stresses Importance of High-Quality Early Childhood Education in PBS Special
- New VPI+ Website Gives Educators Quick Access to Free High-Quality Online Resources
- New Online Program Aims to Strengthen Teacher-Student Relationships, Promote Classroom Engagement
- Prof. Cabell Speaks at Brookings Institution on Role of Knowledge Building in Language Instruction
- Holland Banse Awarded Fellowship to Study Effective Learning Environments for ELL Students
- A Legacy of Advocacy in Education: Four Key Efforts By The Curry School in Early Childhood Education
- Prof. Cabell Highlighted by IES as Early Career Scholar to Receive Grant Award
- Prof. Roksa Pens Chapter in New Book on the Convergence of K-12 and Higher Education Policies
- Prof. Williford Cited on Benefits of Preschool in Virginia Pilot