CASTL | The Center for Advanced Study of Teaching and Learning
CASTL Plays Vital Role in 'Bold and Innovative' VPI Plus
CASTL researchers will play a vital role in transforming Virginia’s existing State Preschool Program into a national exemplar with a project called VPI Plus.
CASTL's Mission to Improve Education in Latin America
CASTL is doing a descriptive study of children’s classroom experiences in Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade in Brazil, Ecuador and Chile.
FOCAL Lab Engages in International Collaboration with University of Tuebingen
Prof. Hulleman works with University of Tuebingen to examine STEM motivation from international perspective.
Rimm-Kaufman Talks About How Social, Emotional Skills Lead to Academic Gains
Prof. and CASTL Researcher Sara Rimm-Kaufman outlines key findings from Responsive Classroom study published in the American Education Research Journal.
CASTL Partners with VECF to Offer Free Online Course for Early Childhood Educators
The Virginia Early Childhood Foundation and CASTL offer free Early Classroom Interactions online course to VA teachers.
News, Research, & Resources
- CASTL Plays Vital Role in ‘Bold and Innovative’ VPI Plus
- Student Profile: Carol Paxton Focuses on What Teachers Need to be Successful
- Research Brief: Assessing Preschoolers’ Disruptive Behavior: Associations Among Classroom Observers
- Visiting scholar seeks and finds future collaboration with CASTL
- Cavalier Daily Covers Last Research Lecture with Sandra Graham
- Student Profile: Amy Roberts Wants her Research to Impact Teachers and Policy Makers
- Curry School Students and Faculty Have Strong Showing at Annual Education Research Conference
- Research Brief: Conflict With Friends, Relationship Blindness, and Adult Disagreeableness
- Hamre and Pianta’s Research Cited in Huffington Post Blog
- For Preschoolers, Math Means More Than Counting to 10