EdPolicyWorks | The Center on Education Policy and Workforce Competitiveness
Our 2017 Job Market Candidates
Check out our Ed Policy job market candidates for 2017 including post-docs Anisah Waite and Kelly Rosinger, and doctoral candidate in Economics Michael LaForest.
Prof. Bassok Receives the Presidential Early Career Awards for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE)
Former President Obama bestows highest honor by the United States Government for professionals in the early stages of their independent research careers to Daphna Bassok.
Spring 2017 Line Up for Ed Policy Seminars
Join our UVA Ed Policy Community for the spring series featuring seminars by Sarah Cohodes, Chris Herbst, Jonah Rockoff and more!
Five EdPolicyWorks Faculty Named in the 2017 Edu-Scholar Public Influence Rankings
Jim Wyckoff, Sara Turner, Ben Castleman, Daphna Bassok and Josipa Roksa honored for their substantial contributions to public debates about education.
Come Work With Us in Ed Policy at UVA!
We are hiring a number of positions at EdPolicyWorks from administrative staff to tenure faculty--join our team!
- New! Project and Administrative Coordinator: The EdPolicyWorks Project and Administrative Coordinator serves as a liaison by maintaining collaborative partnerships between project team and internal and external stakeholders, tracks and facilitates project work, organizes project meetings and events, and drafts project materials, agendas and schedules. The incumbent also provides administrative and fiscal support to EdPolicyWorks faculty and staff, maintains the calendars of center personnel, coordinates center meetings and events, makes travel arrangements and reimbursements for faculty and visitors, and provides additional administrative and event support as needed. UVA Jobs Posting Number 0620501.
- New! Assistant Professor of Education, Research Faculty: This full-time, 12-month salaried non tenure track Assistant Professor of Education, Research Faculty in the Department of Educational Leadership, Foundations and Policy would have an affiliation in EdPolicyWorks. Incumbent works with PI and senior researchers on funded research projects and may also serve as PI or Co-PI on own research projects. Rigorous training in econometrics and causal inference is essential. Demonstrated leadership, mentoring, collaboration, and communication skills are a must. Expert level skills in cleaning, managing, and manipulating data and performing data complex analyses in STATA is required, as is a willingness to learn R, SAS, or SPSS as needed. A record of scholarship and publication is preferred, as is a Track record of receiving extramural funding. UVA Jobs Posting Number 0620297.
- Tenured Associate Professor/Professor of Education Policy: The Department of Education Leadership, Foundations, and Policy in the Curry School of Education at the University of Virginia seeks eminent scholars to fill one or more tenured associate professor or professor positions in education policy and/or administration. Rank is dependent upon qualifications. Scholars with a demonstrated record of publication and sponsored research in education policy are encouraged to apply. For one of these positions we have a preference for a scholar in higher education with demonstrated expertise in how higher education is administered, and its internal policies, as well as higher education policy at the state or federal level. Scholars with interests in K-12 education policy are also encouraged to apply. UVA Jobs Posting Number 0619909.
- Senior Data Scientist: The Senior Data Specialist in EdPolicyWorks uses large panel data and machine learning strategies to identify interventions that improve postsecondary education, prisoner re-entry outcomes, workforce development, and veterans' transitions. The incumbent is responsible for assisting senior researchers with planning and executing prediction models and matching algorithms; producing data visualizations; and reporting the results. Duties also include assembling new data sets by scraping public websites and extracting data from administrative records. A bachelor's degree in computer science, statistics, economics, or a quantitative social science is required., as is a minimum six years' experience in data science, statistical analysis, and/or machine learning. Knowledge and experience with statistical software such as R, Pandas, Python, or Stata; version control systems such as Git are required. UVA Jobs Posting Number 0620229.
- Behavioral Science Intervention Designer: The Behavioral Science Intervention Designer assists the primary investigator with overall study design, particularly diagnosing behavioral obstacles that interventions should address and leading the design process to yield behaviorally-informed interventions and products. The incumbent is also responsible for researching and learning emerging technologies for use in research studies, leading data collection from intervention partners, including both administrative data and survey data; identifying and implementing project changes as necessary; and conducting data analysis. A bachelor's degree in education, public policy, decision sciences, economics, psychology, or a related field is required, as are a minimum nine years' designing behavioral science interventions and conducting applied behavioral science research. Advanced knowledge of behavioral science, decision science, and applied behavioral science intervention design is required. UVA Jobs Posting Number 0620223.
- Research Specialist Advanced: The Research Specialist Advanced maintains operational excellence across multiple large-scale research projects. The incumbent works across multiple EdPolicyWorks research projects designing and overseeing data collection and analysis processes. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: creating infrastructure and procedures for data tracking; creating datasets for analysis; creating systems for data cleaning and entry; creating variables for analysis; conducting multivariate regression analyses; using quasi-experimental and experimental methodologies to analyze program and policy impacts; conducting graphical analyses; outputting summary tables and figures; interpreting and synthesizing results in written format. UVA Jobs Posting Number 0620032.
News, Research, & Resources
- National Nudge Campaign Prompting Low-Income/First-Generation Students to Complete FAFSA Works
- EdPolicyWorks Researchers Lead Over 25 Key Presentations at AEFP
- New UVA Research Lab Develops Scalable Strategies to Tackle Large Societal Problems
- Prof. Bassok’s Kindergarten Article Tops List of Most Read Education Research Articles of 2016
- EdWeek Highlights Prof. Daphna Bassok’s Work on Advanced Kindergarten Skills
- Statesman Article Details Prof Roksa’s Research on Negative Diversity Experiences
- UVA’s Castleman, Doleac Launch Interactive New Program to Reduce Recidivism
- Study Finds Academic Growth of African American Students Fostered Best by High Expectations
- Chronicle of Higher Ed Article calls Prof Roksa’s Book “Revolt” Against Top Down Ed Model
- College Fix Article Quotes Josipa Roksa on Forcing Diversity