EdPolicyWorks | The Center on Education Policy and Workforce Competitiveness
Apply to the U.Va. Education Policy Ph.D Program
The Ed Policy program is accepting applications for doctoral study, where all accepted students receive full funding. Work hands-on with our stellar faculty!
Speakers for Fall 2015 Education Policy Seminar Series Announced
EdPolicyWorks will host a series of speakers this fall including Joshua Goodman, Amy Claessens and others.
Ed Policy Grad Student Wins NAEd/Spencer Dissertation Fellowship to Study Teacher Retention
Veronica Katz, a 5th year student, lands prestigious dissertation fellowship from the National Academy of Education (NAEd)/Spencer Foundation.
EdPolicyWorks Faculty Profile: 5 Questions with Prof. Miller
Luke Miller, a research assistant professor, discusses his route to EdPolicyWorks and answers five questions about his teaching and research.
Mindy Adnot Wins AERA-MET Dissertation Fellowship to Study Changes in Teaching Practice
Mindy Adnot, with her faculty mentor Jim Wyckoff, will study changes in teachers' practices after being awarded a $20,000 Dissertation Award from AERA-MET Fellowship Program.
Open Rank Education Policy Faculty Search: The Frank Batten School of Leadership and Public Policy at the University of Virginia seeks applications to fill one or more tenure-track or tenured positions in education policy to begin in fall 2015. We welcome applications from scholars who have a strong quantitative approach to education policy and earned doctorates in areas such as economics, education policy, public policy or related fields. Successful candidates must have a strong background in the substance of education policy and the potential for (junior candidates) or demonstrated success in (senior candidates) generating external funding support for their research. Senior candidates must have a distinguished academic record suitable for a tenured appointment. Candidates for tenure-track positions are expected to have completed their doctoral degrees by August 1, 2015. Built upon the strong foundation of one of the nation's top public universities, the Batten School combines rigorous training in policy analysis with a unique emphasis on the acquisition of leadership skills. The core faculty includes economists, political scientists, and psychologists, enriched by professors of practice who bring real-world policy making expertise to the classroom. The successful candidate would have the potential for joint appointments with other academic units at U.Va. Apply at Jobs@UVA posting number: 0615021
News, Research, & Resources
- Prof. Bassok Discusses Play in Kindergarten Classrooms in New Article
- Fitzpatrick Answers Questions on her VEST Experience at Curry and U.Va. Economics Department
- Prof. Castleman: Knowing When to Nudge in Education
- Text Message Research by Prof. Castleman Cited in New Education Week Article
- EdPolicyWorks Releases Next E-News Highlighting NAEd/Spencer Awards & the Ed Policy Speaker Series
- EdPolicyWorks Affiliate Faculty, Isaac Mbiti, Has Work in Tanzania Recognized
- Leslie Booren Named 2015 Outstanding Curry Staff Member
- Research by Prof. Bassok Cited in Atlantic Article on Redshirting
- Prof. Castleman is Quoted in Local Article about the VA College Advising Corps
- Education Policy Seminars Announced by EdPolicyWorks for Fall 2015