EdPolicyWorks | The Center on Education Policy and Workforce Competitiveness
Fall 2016 Line Up for Ed Policy Seminars
Join our UVA Ed Policy Community for the fall series featuring seminars by Mimi Engel, Sean Reardon, Sally Hudson, and more.
White House Campaign Aimed at Increasing College Completion
Ben Castleman works with the White House and First Lady Michelle Obama on the Up Next initiative that provides students with guidance about college, financial aid and loan repayment.
Student Spotlight: Two Ed Policy Students Reflect on the MPP/Ph.D Dual Degree Program
Aliza Husain and Katharine Meyer, both rising third years, share their experiences in the MPP/Ph.D dual degree program at the Batten and Curry Schools.
Grad Student Preston Magouirk Joins AEI's 2016 Ed Policy Academy
Magouirk joins 20 other scholars from across the country this summer for AEI's 3rd annual summer institute
Ed Policy Ph.D Alumna Reflects on Her Time at Curry and in the MPP Dual Degree Program
Eva Galdo, Ph.D discusses her time in the MPP/Ph.D Dual Degree Program and her current position at U.S. Dept. of Edu and IES.
- NEW Fall 2016 (Washington DC): The DCPS-UVA Research Partnership Project Associate is responsible for project coordination, oversight and communication working closely with UVA and DC project leadership. Specific duties include establishing and maintaining collaborative partnerships be tween project team and stakeholders, tracking and facilitating project work, organizing project meetings and events, and drafting project materials, agendas and schedules. A bachelor's degree is required, as is a minimum of three years' project coordination or organization. To apply, visit Jobs@UVA and search on Posting Number 0619374.
- The Higher Education Program in the Department of Educational Leadership, Foundations and Policy in the Curry School of Education at the University of Virginia (UVa) seeks eminent scholars with the potential to hold the Newton and Rita Meyers Professorship in the Economics of Higher Education. The successful candidate will build research collaborations with related schools and disciplines at the University, such as the Batten School of Leadership and Public Policy, and/or the Economics Department in the College of Arts and Sciences. Preferred areas of scholarly interest include postsecondary finance, college choice, higher education and economic development, academic labor markets, pathways to college for nontraditional and underrepresented students, inequality in higher educational opportunities and outcomes, the transition from elementary-secondary to postsecondary education, and the impact of state and federal policies on the economics and finance of higher education. Incumbents also offer courses and support excellence in doctoral student research and the development of high potential scholars. To apply, visit Jobs@UVA.
News, Research, & Resources
- Undergraduate Researcher Program from Summer 2016
- Education Policy Seminars Announced by EdPolicyWorks for Fall 2016
- Prof. Castleman Has Summer Melt Research Cited in New Opinion Piece
- Prof. Bassok Has Early Childhood Research Cited in New Article
- Prof. Wyckoff Has New Research on Teacher Churning Cited in Education Week
- Report: Virginia Teacher Salaries 2015-16
- Prof. Roksa’s Work on Being Academically Adrift is Cited in Article about Tough Times for Higher Ed
- AP Discusses Text Message Research in WV by Prof. Castleman
- Prof. Castleman Discusses Summer Melt in New Podcast with Education Next
- UVA Professor Leads First Lady’s Campaign Aimed at Increasing College Completion