EdPolicyWorks | The Center on Education Policy and Workforce Competitiveness
The Good News About Educational Inequality
Daphna Bassok and colleagues pen New York Times Op-Ed about the narrowing achievement gap.
Fall 2016 Line Up for Ed Policy Seminars
Join our UVA Ed Policy Community for the fall series featuring seminars by Mimi Engel, Sean Reardon, Sally Hudson, and more.
White House Campaign Aimed at Increasing College Completion
Ben Castleman works with the White House and First Lady Michelle Obama on the Up Next initiative that provides students with guidance about college, financial aid and loan repayment.
Student Spotlight: Two Ed Policy Students Reflect on the MPP/Ph.D Dual Degree Program
Aliza Husain and Katharine Meyer, both rising third years, share their experiences in the MPP/Ph.D dual degree program at the Batten and Curry Schools.
Ed Policy Ph.D Alumna Reflects on Her Time at Curry and in the MPP Dual Degree Program
Eva Galdo, Ph.D discusses her time in the MPP/Ph.D Dual Degree Program and her current position at U.S. Dept. of Edu and IES.
News, Research, & Resources
- Prof. Roksa Pens Chapter in New Book on the Convergence of K-12 and Higher Education Policies
- EdPolicyWorks Researchers Present New Work at the 2016 APPAM
- The APA Monitor on Psychology Profiles Anna Markowitz and her Ed Policy Research
- Texting Campaign Focused on College Affordability Reaches Over Half a Million Students
- EdPolicyWorks Sponsors Talk by Stanford Professor on Racial Inequality in Education
- Prof. Turner Has Research on Fee Waivers Cited in New Article on College Applications
- Prof. Miller’s Research on Chronic School Absence Cited in Washington Post
- New UVA Economist Helps Students Put Their World-Changing ideas to the Test
- Video: Mimi Engel Gives Ed Policy Seminar on 9/20/16
- Brief: Chronic Absenteeism in Virginia