EdPolicyWorks | The Center on Education Policy and Workforce Competitiveness
White House Campaign Aimed at Increasing College Completion
Ben Castleman works with the White House and First Lady Michelle Obama on the Up Next initiative that provides students with guidance about college, financial aid and loan repayment.
Student Spotlight: Two Ed Policy Students Reflect on the MPP/Ph.D Dual Degree Program
Aliza Husain and Katharine Meyer, both rising third years, share their experiences in the MPP/Ph.D dual degree program at the Batten and Curry Schools.
Grad Student Preston Magouirk Joins AEI's 2016 Ed Policy Academy
Magouirk joins 20 other scholars from across the country this summer for AEI's 3rd annual summer institute
Subscribe to EdPolicyWork's YouTube Channel!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more of our Ed Policy Seminars, interviews, and media links.
Ed Policy Ph.D Alumna Reflects on Her Time at Curry and in the MPP Dual Degree Program
Eva Galdo, Ph.D discusses her time in the MPP/Ph.D Dual Degree Program and her current position at U.S. Dept. of Edu and IES.
- The Higher Education Program in the Department of Educational Leadership, Foundations and Policy in the Curry School of Education at the University of Virginia (UVa) seeks eminent scholars with the potential to hold the Newton and Rita Meyers Professorship in the Economics of Higher Education. The successful candidate will build research collaborations with related schools and disciplines at the University, such as the Batten School of Leadership and Public Policy, and/or the Economics Department in the College of Arts and Sciences. Preferred areas of scholarly interest include postsecondary finance, college choice, higher education and economic development, academic labor markets, pathways to college for nontraditional and underrepresented students, inequality in higher educational opportunities and outcomes, the transition from elementary-secondary to postsecondary education, and the impact of state and federal policies on the economics and finance of higher education. Incumbents also offer courses and support excellence in doctoral student research and the development of high potential scholars. To apply, visit Jobs@UVA.
News, Research, & Resources
- AP Discusses Text Message Research in WV by Prof. Castleman
- Prof. Castleman Discusses Summer Melt in New Podcast with Education Next
- UVA Professor Leads First Lady’s Campaign Aimed at Increasing College Completion
- Prof. Roksa’s Research on Being Academically Adrift is Cited in New Article on Reading Assignments
- Prof. Bassok Has New Research Cited in Education Week on Preschool Sectors
- New Career Options Open Up for Two SURP Interns While at Curry This Summer
- Student Spotlight: Two Ed Policy Students Reflect on the MPP/Ph.D Dual Degree Program
- New Economist Article Cites Work by Prof. Roksa on Test Scores
- Prof. Bassok Has Early Childhood Research Cited in NPR Article on Kindergarten
- Working Paper: States Implementation Responses to NCLB