EdPolicyWorks | The Center on Education Policy and Workforce Competitiveness
Two Grad Students Join AEI Ed Policy Academy
Dual Degree MPP/Ph.D grad students, Aliza Husain & Justin Doromal, join AEI Ed Policy Academy in D.C.
Our Ed Policy Post-Doc Wins Early Career Fellowship
Post-doc Anna Markowitz receives AERA-SRCD Early Career Fellowship in Early Childhood Education and Development.
Our 2017 Job Market Candidates
Check out our Ed Policy job market candidates for 2017 including post-docs Anisah Waite and Kelly Rosinger, and doctoral candidate in Economics Michael LaForest.
Prof. Bassok Receives the Presidential Early Career Awards for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE)
Former President Obama bestows highest honor by the United States Government for professionals in the early stages of their independent research careers to Daphna Bassok.
Five EdPolicyWorks Faculty Named in the 2017 Edu-Scholar Public Influence Rankings
Jim Wyckoff, Sara Turner, Ben Castleman, Daphna Bassok and Josipa Roksa honored for their substantial contributions to public debates about education.
- Project and Administrative Coordinator: The EdPolicyWorks Project and Administrative Coordinator serves as a liaison by maintaining collaborative partnerships between project team and internal and external stakeholders, tracks and facilitates project work, organizes project meetings and events, and drafts project materials, agendas and schedules. The incumbent also provides administrative and fiscal support to EdPolicyWorks faculty and staff, maintains the calendars of center personnel, coordinates center meetings and events, makes travel arrangements and reimbursements for faculty and visitors, and provides additional administrative and event support as needed. UVA Jobs Posting Number 0620501.
- Assistant Professor of Education, Research Faculty: This full-time, 12-month salaried non tenure track Assistant Professor of Education, Research Faculty in the Department of Educational Leadership, Foundations and Policy would have an affiliation in EdPolicyWorks. Incumbent works with PI and senior researchers on funded research projects and may also serve as PI or Co-PI on own research projects. Rigorous training in econometrics and causal inference is essential. Demonstrated leadership, mentoring, collaboration, and communication skills are a must. Expert level skills in cleaning, managing, and manipulating data and performing data complex analyses in STATA is required, as is a willingness to learn R, SAS, or SPSS as needed. A record of scholarship and publication is preferred, as is a Track record of receiving extramural funding. UVA Jobs Posting Number 0620297.
- Senior Data Scientist: The Senior Data Specialist in EdPolicyWorks uses large panel data and machine learning strategies to identify interventions that improve postsecondary education, prisoner re-entry outcomes, workforce development, and veterans' transitions. The incumbent is responsible for assisting senior researchers with planning and executing prediction models and matching algorithms; producing data visualizations; and reporting the results. Duties also include assembling new data sets by scraping public websites and extracting data from administrative records. A bachelor's degree in computer science, statistics, economics, or a quantitative social science is required., as is a minimum six years' experience in data science, statistical analysis, and/or machine learning. Knowledge and experience with statistical software such as R, Pandas, Python, or Stata; version control systems such as Git are required. UVA Jobs Posting Number 0620229.
- Behavioral Science Intervention Designer: The Behavioral Science Intervention Designer assists the primary investigator with overall study design, particularly diagnosing behavioral obstacles that interventions should address and leading the design process to yield behaviorally-informed interventions and products. The incumbent is also responsible for researching and learning emerging technologies for use in research studies, leading data collection from intervention partners, including both administrative data and survey data; identifying and implementing project changes as necessary; and conducting data analysis. A bachelor's degree in education, public policy, decision sciences, economics, psychology, or a related field is required, as are a minimum nine years' designing behavioral science interventions and conducting applied behavioral science research. Advanced knowledge of behavioral science, decision science, and applied behavioral science intervention design is required. UVA Jobs Posting Number 0620223.
News, Research, & Resources
- Video: Christ Herbst Gives Ed Policy Seminar on 3/28/17
- Curry’s Booren Named UVA Outstanding Contributor
- Brief: Peer Effects and Education Investments
- Working Paper: Peer Effects and Education Investments
- Daphna Bassok’s Research on Kindergarten Skill Levels Cited in UFT Article
- Cav Daily Highlights Ben Castleman’s Module to Decrease Incarceration
- Two Curry Post-Docs Win AERA-SRCD Early Career Fellowship in Early Childhood Education & Development
- Class of 2017: Taking A Seat At The Table With DC Education Policy Makers
- Washington Post Article Highlights Prof. Roksa’s “Academically Adrift” Work
- Ben Castleman Writes Op-Ed on Mentoring Programs