EdPolicyWorks | The Center on Education Policy and Workforce Competitiveness
The Good News About Educational Inequality
Daphna Bassok and colleagues pen New York Times Op-Ed about the narrowing achievement gap.
Fall 2016 Line Up for Ed Policy Seminars
Join our UVA Ed Policy Community for the fall series featuring seminars by Mimi Engel, Sean Reardon, Sally Hudson, and more.
White House Campaign Aimed at Increasing College Completion
Ben Castleman works with the White House and First Lady Michelle Obama on the Up Next initiative that provides students with guidance about college, financial aid and loan repayment.
Student Spotlight: Two Ed Policy Students Reflect on the MPP/Ph.D Dual Degree Program
Aliza Husain and Katharine Meyer, both rising third years, share their experiences in the MPP/Ph.D dual degree program at the Batten and Curry Schools.
Ed Policy Ph.D Alumna Reflects on Her Time at Curry and in the MPP Dual Degree Program
Eva Galdo, Ph.D discusses her time in the MPP/Ph.D Dual Degree Program and her current position at U.S. Dept. of Edu and IES.
- NEW Fall 2016 (Charlottesville, VA): The EdPolicyWorks Project Coordinator supports a large-scale, multi-year research study, serving as a liaison between internal and external partners and supporting senior research team in project administration and execution. Duties include ensuring that approved timelines and deliverables are being met, assisting with the coordination of work between internal and external partners, serving as the project's point of contact. Incumbent will have a heavy focus on partnership management and can expect to spend a significant amount of time communicating with project partners. A bachelor's degree is strongly preferred, as is experience in project coordination and partnership management. To apply, visit Jobs@UVA and search on Posting Number 0619487.
- NEW Fall 2016 (Washington DC): The DCPS-UVA Research Partnership Project Associate is responsible for project coordination, oversight and communication working closely with UVA and DC project leadership. Specific duties include establishing and maintaining collaborative partnerships be tween project team and stakeholders, tracking and facilitating project work, organizing project meetings and events, and drafting project materials, agendas and schedules. A bachelor's degree is required, as is a minimum of three years' project coordination or organization. To apply, visit Jobs@UVA and search on Posting Number 0619374.
- The Higher Education Program in the Department of Educational Leadership, Foundations and Policy in the Curry School of Education at the University of Virginia (UVa) seeks eminent scholars with the potential to hold the Newton and Rita Meyers Professorship in the Economics of Higher Education. The successful candidate will build research collaborations with related schools and disciplines at the University, such as the Batten School of Leadership and Public Policy, and/or the Economics Department in the College of Arts and Sciences. Preferred areas of scholarly interest include postsecondary finance, college choice, higher education and economic development, academic labor markets, pathways to college for nontraditional and underrepresented students, inequality in higher educational opportunities and outcomes, the transition from elementary-secondary to postsecondary education, and the impact of state and federal policies on the economics and finance of higher education. Incumbents also offer courses and support excellence in doctoral student research and the development of high potential scholars. To apply, visit Jobs@UVA.
News, Research, & Resources
- Prof. Roksa Discusses Faculty Voices and Accountability in New Article
- Prof. Bassok Talks with the Washington Post in New Article on Kindergarten
- New Work with DCPS with CASTL & EdPolicyWorks Highlighted in an Article on Teacher Evaluations
- EdPolicyWorks and CASTL Collaborate with DCPS, New Work Highlighted in Ed Reform Article
- Prof. Bassok Has New Pre-K Work Cited in Article on Readiness Gaps
- Prof. Castleman: Learn to Ad: Madison Avenue Strategies to Strengthen School Communication
- Prof. Castleman Pens New Blog Post with Education Post
- President Candidate Hillary Clinton Cites Research by Prof. Bassok in new Q & A
- Prof. Castleman Named One of Most Innovative People in Higher Education
- Prof. Castleman Discusses Text Messaging Research with WV NPR