EdPolicyWorks | The Center on Education Policy and Workforce Competitiveness
Prof. Gibbs Named National Academy of Education/Spencer Foundation Postdoctoral Fellow
Chloe Gibbs receives prestigious award from NAEd and Spencer Foundation to support her research on full-day kindergarten.
Mindy Adnot Wins AERA-MET Dissertation Fellowship to Study Changes in Teaching Practice
Mindy Adnot, with her faculty mentor Jim Wyckoff, will study changes in teachers' practices after being awarded a $20,000 Dissertation Award from AERA-MET Fellowship Program.
Prof. Castleman Testified before Congress about Closing the Achievement Gap
Ben Castleman testifies before the U.S. Congress about his work on low-cost strategies to improve college persistence and success.
New Research Finds Academic Ability of New York Teachers Has Significantly Increased
Luke Miller and colleagues release new research findings that the academic ability of NY State teachers has increased substantially after the implementation of new teacher accountability policies.
EdPolicyWorks Report: Florida Voluntary Pre-K Program
Daphna Bassok and colleagues release new research findings on FL's Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten Program, the largest state prek program in the nation.
Open Rank Education Policy Faculty Search: The Frank Batten School of Leadership and Public Policy at the University of Virginia seeks applications to fill one or more tenure-track or tenured positions in education policy to begin in fall 2015. We welcome applications from scholars who have a strong quantitative approach to education policy and earned doctorates in areas such as economics, education policy, public policy or related fields. Successful candidates must have a strong background in the substance of education policy and the potential for (junior candidates) or demonstrated success in (senior candidates) generating external funding support for their research. Senior candidates must have a distinguished academic record suitable for a tenured appointment. Candidates for tenure-track positions are expected to have completed their doctoral degrees by August 1, 2015. Built upon the strong foundation of one of the nation's top public universities, the Batten School combines rigorous training in policy analysis with a unique emphasis on the acquisition of leadership skills. The core faculty includes economists, political scientists, and psychologists, enriched by professors of practice who bring real-world policy making expertise to the classroom. The successful candidate would have the potential for joint appointments with other academic units at U.Va. Apply at Jobs@UVA posting number: 0615021
News, Research, & Resources
- Former EdPolicyWorks Grad Student Discusses Gender Equality by the Numbers
- Prof. Gibbs Named National Academy of Education/Spencer Foundation Postdoctoral Fellow
- Prof. Castleman Gives Talk at Inaugural Behavioral Science Conference, Joins Top Tier Presenters
- New York Times Cites Work by Prof. Roksa About Aspiring Adults
- Early Childhood Research by Prof. Bassok Cited in New York Times Article Kindergarten 2.0
- Prof. Castlemans’ Text Messaging Research Cited in New Article About Interventions
- Prof. Gibbs Talks With NH Public Radio About Full Day Kindergarten
- Ed Policy Student Wins AERA-MET Dissertation Fellowship to Study Changes in Teaching Practice
- Working Paper: Inequality in Preschool Quality
- Prof. Castleman Discusses Students’ College Choices with Chronicle of Higher Education