EdPolicyWorks | The Center on Education Policy and Workforce Competitiveness
EdPolicyWorks Profiles Professor Chloe Gibbs and Graduate Student Michelle Zagardo
Prof. Chloe Gibbs and graduate student Michelle Zagardo discuss how the interdisciplinary and collaborative nature of EdPolicyWorks helps their research.
Research by Ben Castleman on College Access and Retention Program Wins National Award
Ben Castleman is examining the impact intensive advising has on college graduation rates of low-income, first-generation student, and is one of three winners of a national competition.
Teacher Tenure Reform Increases Voluntary Attrition of Less Effective Teachers in NYC, New EdPolicyWorks Study Finds
Luke Miller and colleagues release new research findings about a NYC teacher tenure reform that suggest a dramatic reduction in the portion of teachers approved for tenure.
Daphna Bassok Receives Award from National Academy of Education, Is Named Spencer Postdoctoral Fellow
Daphna Bassok is named to the prestigious National Academy of Education/Spencer Postdoctoral Fellowship Program, which is considered one of the topmost distinctions for an education professor.
Graduate Student Lands AERA Dissertation Grant to Study Changes in School Readiness
Scott Latham, a graduate student at EdPolicyWorks, is awarded a $20K AERA Dissertation Grant to examine public investments in early childhood education. Latham will be working with Daphna Bassok on this work in 2014-2015.
News, Research, & Resources
- Prof. Roksa Research about College Graduates Being Adrift is Highlighted by Education Week
- Inside Higher Ed Highlights Work by Prof. Roksa, Does Friday Podcast
- EdPolicyWorks Profiles Prof. Gibbs and Economics Graduate Student Zagardo
- Education Policy Seminars Announced by EdPolicyWorks for Fall 2014
- Teacher Tenure Research by Prof. Miller Cited in Baltimore Sun Editorial
- Brookings Institution Discusses Teacher Evaluation Research, IMPACT, by Prof. Wyckoff
- Washington Post Highlights Summer Melt Work by Prof. Castleman
- UVa Today on Local Newsplex Hosts Prof. Castleman to Discuss College Advising
- College Counseling Research by Prof. Castleman Highlighted by Inside Higher Ed
- Newly Funded Research by Prof. Castleman Highlighted By Inside Philanthropy