EdPolicyWorks | The Center on Education Policy and Workforce Competitiveness
EdPolicyWorks Profiles Professor Chloe Gibbs and Graduate Student Michelle Zagardo
Prof. Chloe Gibbs and graduate student Michelle Zagardo discuss how the interdisciplinary and collaborative nature of EdPolicyWorks helps their research.
Research by Ben Castleman on College Access and Retention Program Wins National Award
Ben Castleman is examining the impact intensive advising has on college graduation rates of low-income, first-generation student, and is one of three winners of a national competition.
Teacher Tenure Reform Increases Voluntary Attrition of Less Effective Teachers in NYC, New EdPolicyWorks Study Finds
Luke Miller and colleagues release new research findings about a NYC teacher tenure reform that suggest a dramatic reduction in the portion of teachers approved for tenure.
Daphna Bassok Receives Award from National Academy of Education, Is Named Spencer Postdoctoral Fellow
Daphna Bassok is named to the prestigious National Academy of Education/Spencer Postdoctoral Fellowship Program, which is considered one of the topmost distinctions for an education professor.
Graduate Student Lands AERA Dissertation Grant to Study Changes in School Readiness
Scott Latham, a graduate student at EdPolicyWorks, is awarded a $20K AERA Dissertation Grant to examine public investments in early childhood education. Latham will be working with Daphna Bassok on this work in 2014-2015.
News, Research, & Resources
- Prof. Castleman Discusses Summer Melt on With Good Reason Radio
- New Work by Prof. Roksa Addresses Undergraduates Being Academically Adrift
- U.S. DOL Features Prof. Gibbs’ Work on Maternal Employment
- Prof. Wyckoff Discusses NYC Teacher Evaluation System
- Research by Prof. Wyckoff is Cited in New Article about TFA
- The Chronicle of Higher Education Highlights Newly Released Research by Prof. Roksa
- Working Paper: Text Messaging Guide to College
- Working Paper: Minimum Wage and School Decisions
- Working Paper: Teacher Tenure Reform in NYC
- EdPolicyWorks Profiles Prof. Gibbs and Economics Graduate Student Zagardo