Our young people are growing up with challenges not faced by prior generations. Sedate lifestyles, a growing dependence on technology, and easy access to unhealthy food, have increasingly negatively impacted their well being. As a result, health management has become a critical area for effective youth functioning. Youth-Nex brings together faculty from across the University including Kinesiology, Pediatrics, Public Health, Education, as well as experts from the community, to provide needed scientific basis for health promotion. Exploration of the rates of obesity and concomitant disorders are included in the focus of this research.
Program Leader: Arthur L. Weltman, Professor and Chair, Department of Kinesiology
- Youth-Nex Conference on Physical Health & Well-Being
- Curry Student to Emcee Event Promoting Eating Disorder Awareness
- To Meet Societal Needs and Student Demand, U.Va. Creates Kinesiology Department
- Audio Posted for Salud - Youth-Nex Works In Progress Talk
- Curry Prof. Weltman Receives Career Achievement Award
- US Attorney Tim Heaphy Praises Youth-Nex at Inaugural Conference