The snow has cleared and the 5th Annual Curry Research Conference has been rescheduled as: CRC 2014, The Remix!
Rescheduled events will be held throughout the week of March 24th. Please make time to come out and support student research across the Curry community!
Registration for CRC 2014, The Remix is now closed.
The conference will be an opportunity for students to share their education research with other Curry students and with faculty members.
417 Emmet St. South
Charlottesville, VA 22904
Monday, March 24, 2014
- 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM - SEEDS Workshop, Diversity Scholarship for Change, Holloway Hall (breakfast provided for registrants) - What does it mean to engage in diversity scholarship for change? In this workshop, participants will participate in roundtable discussions about the challenges and rewards of diversity scholarship with Curry faculty and members of the SEEDS for Change Executive Committee. This will be an interactive workshop - participants will have the opportunity to share their own experiences and work with the presenters and each other.(Presenters: SEEDS Executive Committee, selected Curry Faculty)
Tuesday, March 25, 2014
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM - Ed Council Lunch and Learn Workshop, Preparing for the Higher Education Job Market, CLIC (lunch provided for registrants) - Have questions or want the support of a faculty member in preparing for the job market? Bring your CV, research statement, teaching statement, or questions about the interview and job talk process. Faculty will work with you in a workshop setting to answer questions and improve your work products. (Presenters: Bob Pianta, Sara Rimm-Kaufman, Michael Kennedy)
Wednesday, March 26, 2014
- 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM - Grant Writing 101 Workshop, Holloway Hall (lunch provided for registrants) - Starting to think about research funding? Come talk with our Curry experts (Presenters: Catherine Bradshaw & Marianne Lampert)
- 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM - CRC Poster Sessions A (1-2 PM) and B (2-3 PM) during a special Cups & Conversations
Thursday, March 27, 2014
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM - Mindsets Workshop, CLIC (lunch provided for registrants) - Many students in the Curry Community have engaged in discussions of Carol Dweck's Mindset in both formal and informal settings; however, there may still be questions about how to apply the Mindset concept in your professional life as a future teacher, administrator, researcher, or service-provider. This interactive workshop will provide an opportunity to consider real-life applications of fixed v. growth mindsets. We will use an interactive case study approach as the basis for hands-on activities and will also share several creative examples of multimedia products that have been created by students to represent the growth mindset concept. (Presenters: Joanna Williams, Corrie Kelly, Wendy Rodgers)
Friday March 28, 2014
- 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM - Paper Sessions A-C, Bavaro 234A, 331, & 307
- 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM - Paper Sessions D-F, Bavaro 234A, 331, & 307
- 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM - CRC 2014 Closing Luncheon and Poster Award announcements, Bavaro Atrium (lunch for registrants only)
Breakfast or lunch at workshops and the closing luncheon will only be provided for registrants. After our unexpected cancellation, budgets for these expenses are tight. Please be sure to register and to attend if you do register. Thank you for your consideration, and we look forward to your participation!
Featured Speaker - We were unable to reschedule the keynote speaker as a part of the events taking place during the week of 3/24, but encourage you to take advantage of other opportunities to learn from featured speakers across the Curry community during this time. Follow the links below for more details:
- Education Policy Seminar Series: Ben Castleman, Curry School of Education, University of Virginia, "Prompts, Personalization, and Pay-offs: Using Behavioral Nudges to Help Students Navigate Complex Postsecondary Decisions"
Monday March 24th 2014, 12:30-2:00 PM
Holloway Hall (Rm 116)
- 2014 Ridley Lecture: Joseph Hill, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, "Silent No More: Black Deaf People as an Unseen Cultural and Linguistic Minority"
Friday, March 28, 2014, 2:00 p.m.
Holloway Hall, Bavaro Hall Room 116
Do you have questions about proposal submission or other volunteering opportunities?
If you still have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The CRC Steering Committee
To volunteer, please contact one of the following people on the steering committee:
Logistics Committee coordinates location, technology, food, and volunteers on day of conference. Contact Stephen Ingram (email@example.com)
Outreach and Communications Committee coordinates conference promotion, upkeep of website, and creation of conference program. Contact Sarah Lupo (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Program Committee coordinates presentation moderator training and presentation sessions, faculty involvement, and presentation schedules. Contact Shanna Hirsch (email@example.com) or Kelly Dietz (firstname.lastname@example.org).