Contemporary Issues in Technology & Teacher Education
Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education (CITE Journal ) is a peer-reviewed online journal addressing the intersection of educational technologies and teacher education. Since being established in 2000, the journal has been edited by Glen L. Bull and Lynn Bell here at the Curry School.
CITE Journal is jointly sponsored by five professional teacher education associations and is the only joint venture of this kind in the field of teacher education.
Each professional association has sole responsibility for editorial review of articles in its discipline:
- Educational Technology: General (Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education)
- Technology and Science Education (Association for Science Teacher Education)
- Technology and Mathematics Education (Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators)
- Technology and Social Studies Education (NCSS College & University Faculty Assembly)
- Technology and English Education (NCTE Conference on English Education)
The CITE Journal has a unique Commentary feature, which permits readers to author short responses to articles published in a commentary strand linked to the article. This feature takes advantage of an interactive medium to develop an ongoing, peer-reviewed dialog.
The journal's online medium also allows authors to demonstrate the technologies about which they are writing, including video and audio segments, animation, virtual reality, Web links, and simulations. The CITE Journal was established with support from a U.S. Department of Education Catalyst grant.