Virginia Secondary School Climate Study One-Page Research Summaries
- Download Issue 1: What is an authoritative school climate?
- Download Issue 2: Authoritative schools have less teasing and bullying.
- Download Issue 3: Less student aggression toward teachers in authoritative schools.
- Download Issue 4: Authoritative schools have fewer disciplinary infractions for aggressive behavior.
- Download Issue 5: Authoritative schools have high achievement test passing rates.
- Download Issue 6: Authoritative high schools have less fighting and weapon carrying at school.
- Download Issue 7: Students in authoritative high schools report less alcohol and marijuana use.
- Download Issue 8: Authoritative high schools have less student aggression toward teachers.
- Download Issue 9: Authoritative high schools have lower suspension rates for black and white students.
- Download Issue 10: Authoritative high schools have less sexual harassment
- Download Issue 11: 1 in 25 middle school students report bullying by teachers
- Download Issue 12: Authoritative high schools have less teen dating aggression
Audience(s): Community Members, Researchers