The 2019 Art & Science of Sports Medicine Conference: Schedule
Final schedule is now available!
The 2019 Art & Science of Sports Medicine Conference is offering 11.25 CEs: 6.25 Category A CEs and 5 EBP CEs.
Online Registration: Register today!
Cost (includes lunch, drinks and snacks on Friday, April 12th)
Before April 7th - $200.00
After April 7th or Onsite Registration - $225.00
Student Registration (non-certified) - $50.00
Also available: The McCue Society will host an optional formal dinner on the evening of 4/11/19. Registration for the dinner is $25 and available through the conference registration page. You do not have to attend the conference to register to attend the dinner. Details about the guest speaker and dinner location are coming soon. The McCue Society provides scholarships to athletic training students.
All presentations are in Ruffner Hall and Bavaro Hall.
Parking is available across the street from Ruffner Hall in the Central Grounds Parking Garage (parking rates apply). For more information on parking, visit the Parking and Transportation Office website at https://parking.virginia.edu/.
The Courtyard Marriott - University Medical Center is also within walking distance (less than 1 mile) of Ruffner Hall.
For information about local hotels visit https://www.visitcharlottesville.org/visitors/lodging/
Additional maps of the University can be found at http://www.virginia.edu/maps.
Additional information about visiting Charlottesville can be found at www.visitcharlottesville.org.
- Attendees will be able to summarize the evidence supporting the use of spinal manipulation in the treatment of mechanical low back pain.
- Attendees will be able to identify examination findings that indicate dysfunctional impairments that may respond in a positive manner to manual therapy and exercise interventions.
- Attendees will be able to apply select manual therapy and exercise interventions with good technique.
- Attendees will be able to differentiate between dry needling and acupuncture.
- Attendees will be able to state the indications, precautions, and contraindications for dry needling.
- Attendees will be able to justify the use of dry needling in athletes with low back pain using the supporting evidence.
Certified Athletic Trainers, Physical Therapists, Physicians, and Chiropractors
For additional information, please contact Michael Higgins.
The 2019 Art & Science of Sports Medicine Conference is offering 11.25 CEs. Category A CEs: 6.25 Category A CEs and 5 EBP CEs.