Register for a Course
The UVA Curry School spring 2018 term registration is now open!
Returning students may register starting Oct. 31
New students may register starting Dec. 1
The Curry School provides courses fully ONLINE, at centers in-person in FALLS CHURCH and RICHMOND, and on-Grounds in CHARLOTTESVILLE. In-person classes have convenient schedules for working professionals.
We offer a large variety of courses open to everyone. Spring is a great time to expand your skills, renew your teaching license, or start a new degree or endorsement program.
The Curry School offers a substantial tuition discount to K-12 educators, and a reduced tuition rate for online courses for both in-state and out-of-state students.
Tuition & Fees information.
Browse for Courses and Registration Steps:
These instructions show you how to browse all of our course offerings located online, on Grounds in Charlottesville, or off Grounds at our Centers around the state of Virginia. It will also instruct you how to register for a course or courses once your selection is made. Please follow the step-by-step instructions below.
1) If you already have a UVA SIS login ID (Student Information System) you may login to SIS and browse our course offerings and register.
2) If you do not have a SIS Login ID, complete the Permission to Enroll form. You will receive a SIS Login ID from Curry within 24-48 hours. You may then enter SIS.
3) You may browse for courses here without a SIS Login ID to see what is offered. (See 'Steps to browse for courses' below.)
5) Registration for all courses must done through SIS using your SIS login ID.
Steps to browse for courses:
Following these steps is the easiest way to find the Curry School courses in SIS (step 3 above).
- Choose desired term
- Click on Campus - choose either Main (Charlottesville), off-Grounds (NOVA and Richmond Centers), or Online
- Click on Course Careers - graduate or undergraduate
- These three steps above will show you all of the courses Curry is offering in that term.
- If you already know the Curry Department where your desired course is housed, click on Subject but NOT the green box, the empty box to the right, and type is the department abbreviation: EDIS, EDHS, EDLF, KINE
- For clarification, here are screen shots of these instructions.
Take a class before applying to a degree program - You may take up to 6 credits (usually 2 courses) prior to admission to Curry degree and certificate programs; those credits will be transferred in once you are admitted. To take these classes, complete a Permission to Enroll Form prior to the start of the term. Please allow 1-2 business days for processing and be sure to fill out the residency section of the form to make sure that you are charged the correct tuition amount. You may then apply for entry to the degree program while taking the classes.
Questions - If you have questions about the browsing and registration process, feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone at 703-536-1106, or toll-free at 1-877-280-6235.