UVA Library Services and Resources
Ruffner Hall, Room 302 a gathering place for UVA students and faculty, with study space for both individuals and groups. In addition, there is a public computer, a public printer, a photocopier, and a free scanner/digital sender. Curry's librarian, Kay Buchanan, has an office inside this space. Contact her to set up a research consultation. Don't forget to bookmark one of the Curry Research Subject Guide to help with your library research. These guides are linked to the best databases and journals for your research needs.
We Can Help with Your Research Needs!
Help with data: Need help with data analysis, locating a data set, selecting or installing research data software, or managing your data for a research project? Contact our data experts: StatLab, Data Management, Research Software, and Data Discovery (data sets and statistics).
Help with library topics: Need help locating journal articles, finding test instruments, writing literature reviews, becoming proficient in APA citation style, making the most of RefWorks software, navigating copyright, selecting an appropriate journal in which to publish, etcetera? Contact Kay Buchanan.
Curry Librarian's Newsletter Archives. Keep up-to-date on scholarly resources, data, trends, and professional development opportunities.
Research Data Services Newsletter. Library's Research Data Services newsletter features upcoming workshops and events, new tools and data sources, and our many consultation services.
Bookmark your favorite library guide(s) today!
- All UVA Library Research Guides
- Administration and Supervision
- Athletic Training
- Children's Literature
- Clinical Psychology
- Comparative Education
- Counselor Education and School Psychology
- Curry Off-Grounds Program
- Education (K-12)
- Education Policy
- Education Psychology: Applied Developmental Science
- English Language Learners
- Gifted Education
- Higher Education
- Instructional Technology
- Reading Education
- Research, Statistics & Evaluation
- Social Foundations of Education
- Special Education
- Speech Communication Disorders
- Student Affairs
- University Library's main website
- Schedule a research consultation with the Curry Librarian, Kay Buchanan email or 434.982.2664
- Schedule a data consultation with one of our data experts.
- Children's Book Collection at UVA in Clemons Library& Resources for Children's Literature
- Databases: the A-Z List: A list of all databases to which the UVA Library subscribes
- Interlibrary Loan Service and Don't pay to get a journal article, book chapter or book if UVA doesn't have them. Instead, use this free library service.
- Journal Finder or BrowZine. You can use either the Journal Finder or our new tool, BrowZine to access full text journals to which UVA subscribes.
- LEO Service for Faculty. The LEO service provides service to UVA faculty members by delivering library material for personal research use to departmental offices. Delivered library material includes items retrieved from a UVA library, or via Interlibrary Loan. LEO can also be used to request that items be scanned for Collab sites.
- Printing and copying using the public printers in the UVA libraries and in Ruffner Hall's 3rd floor hallway.
- RefWorks. This bibliographic management software is free to UVA affiliates if you register for an account using your UVA email address. See the RefWorks Guide for more information.
- Scanner and Digital Senderin Ruffner Hall, Room 302. Free scanning! You can digitize a chapter from one of the handbooks and email it to yourself. You can also scan and email other documents that you need digitized.
- Video Collection Guide. Links to our streaming video collection as well as dvd collections. Great resources for Collab sites and personal use.
- VIRGO, UVa Library's online catalog to find books, ebooks, images, data resources, etc. in the UVA Library collection.
Cavalier Advantage Card You must use it to pay for printing.
Printing & Copy Services instructions about Cavalier cards as well as printing to public printers in the libraries and to the printer/copier in Ruffner Hall's 3rd floor hallway.
Editors and Writing Assistance (fee based)