Major research interests include differentiation of instruction for academically diverse learners including teacher and administrator attitudes and practices related to academic diversity, impacts of initial teacher preparation on novice teacher readiness to teach in academically diverse settings, impacts of varied school and teaching practices on low income and minority learners, and the change process in schools moving toward more academically responsive classrooms. More recently, she has also begun studying differentiation at the university level in teacher education as well as other disciplines.
- Nine UVA Education Faculty, 3 Alumni Named to Influential Scholars List
- Nine Curry Faculty Named in 2016 Edu-Scholar Rankings, 2 In The Top 20
- Faculty in Print 2015
- Curry Dominates Edu-Scholars List
- Nine UVA Scholars Ranked in 2019 Edu-Scholar Public Influence Rankings
- Back-To-School Tools for Those Who Support Students
- Renowned Educator and Scholar Carol Tomlinson Defined a New Way of Teaching