Supporting Transformative Autism Research (STAR)
The STAR initiative, led by the Curry School in partnership with colleagues across the University, aims to improve the lives of individuals with autism through groundbreaking research and innovative models for intervention and training.
The newly developed Autism Research Core will support pan-university autism research by providing centralized project coordination, recruitment, and specialized testing by certified personnel.
A centralized Autism Data System will enable secure storage and sharing of autism data across clinics and programs, helping to monitor progress and outcomes. The system will also provide access to resources and supports for families and professionals – infusing cutting-edge knowledge into community-based practices. The STAR initiative will also support an innovative Autism Research to Practice System, developing a framework for integrating research and training into existing systems of care.
Micah Mazurek, Professor
Bill Therrien, Professor
Research in Practice Director
Rose Nevill, Research Assistant Professor
Autism Research Core Director
STAR Project Manager & Research Associate
- UVA is Taking Five New Approaches to Understanding Autism
- MEDIA ALERT: Pulitzer Prize Winner, NYT Best Selling Author to Host Film Screening of “Life, Animated” at UVA
- Earlier Autism Diagnosis Means Better Outcomes for Rural Children
- Person-Centered and Community-Based: An Autism Awareness Month Conversation
- Mazurek’s Autism Research Named One of 20 Most Important Advances in Autism
- Accelerating Autism Research
- Getting a Jump On It: New Technology Accelerates Autism Diagnosis and Treatment
- Gift from Stern Family Seeds UVA Center for Autism
- Unlocking The Mysteries of Autism: It Takes a Village
Micah Mazurek Associate ProfessorWilliam J Therrien ProfessorRyan Grimm Post-doctoral Research AssociateGail E. Lovette Assistant Professor, Research FacultyJane C. Hilton Assistant ProfessorMoira Johnson STAR Project AssociateYoujia Hua Associate Professor of EducationEmily Meltzer STAR Research SpecialistErica Fornaris Rouch Post-doctoral Psychology FellowKate Sadler Post-doctoral Research AssociateKaty Bateman Post-doctoral Research AssociateMatt Zajic Post-doctoral Research FellowJanet Seide Family Education and Outreach Coordinator