Curry Research Conference
Mark your calendars! The 2018-19 Curry Research Conference is scheduled for Friday March 29, 2019. Click here to register for free!
Want more ways to get involved? Volunteer the day of the event! We can use your help with logistics and/or moderating sessions.
Keynote by Liz Bettini
Special Education Teachers' Working Conditions: A Potential Lever for Improving the Quality and Effectiveness of the Special Education Teacher Workforce
Liz Bettini, Assistant Professor, Boston University
Friday, March 29, 2019, 11:00-12:30 PM
Bavaro Hall, Holloway Hall (Rm 116)
ADD TO YOUR iCal/Outlook
Bio: Dr. Elizabeth Bettini is an assistant professor in the special education program at Boston University's Wheelock College of Education and Human Development. Dr. Bettini’s research focuses on how working conditions contribute to special educators’ instructional quality, stress, and longevity in teaching, especially for novice special educators and special educators serving students with emotional/behavioral disorders. Her research has been published in 26 peer reviewed articles, and has been funded through the Institute for Education Sciences and the Spencer Foundation, among others.
Sponsored by the Curry Education Research Lectureship Series
The CRC Steering Committee
- Committee Chair: Kate Peeples (email@example.com)
- Committe Co-Chair: Casedy Thomas (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Logistics Committee coordinates location, technology, food, and volunteers on day of conference. Contact Angela Skeeles-Worley (email@example.com).
- Outreach and Communications Committee coordinates conference promotion, upkeep of website, and communication about the conference. Contact Cathy Corbin (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Edward Scott (email@example.com)
- Program Committee coordinates presentation moderator training and presentation sessions, faculty involvement, creation of the program, and presentation schedules. Contact Tashi Dekyid (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Casedy Thomas (email@example.com).
- Proposal Committee coordinates proposal submissions and review process. Contact Justin Doromal (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ashley Hunt (email@example.com).