The Office of Assessment at the Curry School of Education is responsible for conducting and supporting programs in assessment and program evaluation, including data collection and analysis. These activities ultimately support program improvement. The Office of Assessment’s responsibilities include the following activities:
- Consultation and support in assessment development and administration
- Construction and administration of surveys, including Curry-wide and program-specific surveys
- Facilitate the implementation and maintenance of an assessment system to support student learning outcomes data collection
- Support programs with all steps of the assessment process, including assessment and assessment plan design, curriculum mapping, outcomes development and measurement, and use of assessment results to inform program evaluation and improvement
- Communication with Curry leadership, department chairs, and program coordinators regarding data collection, analysis, and the use of assessment results for continuous improvement
- Facilitate national accreditation processes (e.g., CAEP, CACREP, ASHA)
- Liaise with Institutional Assessment and Studies and the Provost’s Office to facilitate SCHEV and SACS assessment activities
- Curriculum Mapping
A curriculum map is a matrix aligning student learning outcomes with the courses and, ideally, related assessments in a program of study.
Mapping Learning Toolkit
- Student Learning Outcomes
Student learning outcomes describe the kinds of things that students know or can do after instruction that they did not know or could not do before instruction.
- Assessment Plan
An assessment plan is a process and timeline for designing, collecting, and analyzing assessment data.
- Curriculum Mapping
Each fall, the Assessment Office collects program assessment reports from each Curry program. These reports contain information about student learning outcomes, curriculum mapping, direct and indirect measures, results of assessment, and how those results are used in program evaluation and improvement.2017-2018 Summary Report Annual Program Assessment Report Template
- TEAC/CAEP Accredited
- APA Accredited
- NASP Accredited
- ASHA Accredited
- CACREP Accredited