Curry Curriculum and Program Review Committee (CCPRC)
- As a standing committee of the Curry School of Education that acts in conjunction with the Faculty Council and Dean, this committee is the faculty body responsible for approval, monitoring and oversight of academic offerings (i.e., courses, programs, majors, minors, and degrees). Specifically,
- The committee will approve faculty-initiated proposals for new courses and will review faculty-initiated proposals for new majors and minors in the Curry School of Education before sending such proposals to the full faculty for approval.
- The Committee will work closely with the appropriate Associate Deans and with the Assistant Dean for Undergraduate and Master’s Programs to develop academic plans that align enrollment projections with planned student recruitment, budgets, faculty workload and hiring plans, and will summarize results and make recommendations in an annual report to the Faculty Council and Dean.
- The Committee will monitor semester course enrollments and evaluation data (student reports, website forums, accreditation reports, or other available assessments) on academic offerings and summarize those results in the annual report (timetables to be coordinated as needed).
- The Committee will work closely with the appropriate Associate Deans, department chairs and program coordinators to plan and execute regular academic program reviews, including those associated with accreditation.
- The work of the Committee should always reflect Curry’s commitment to ensuring that both content and course enrollments focus on leveraging difference and diversity.
- The CCPRC makes recommendations to Faculty Council and/or the Dean.
- The committee will consist of two members selected from each department by the Faculty Council and Dean to serve two-year staggered term as well as one student representative who will serve for one year. The chair of the committee, as appointed by the Dean and Chair of Faculty Council, will serve for one calendar year of a two-year term on the committee.
Deadline for Spring 2020 course/program review: August 23rd, 2019
Deadline for Summer & Fall 2020 course review: January 17th, 2020
What Should be Reviewed?
- All courses seeking a permanent number, change in credit hours, official description, or title.
- 'Special Topics' classes (3500, 5500, 8500) that are intended as permanent and therefore seeking a permanent number
When Should Materials be Sent to CCPRC?
- Early January - Summer and Fall Classes
- Late August - J-Term and Spring Classes
- Note: See dates that are sent out by the chair. CCPRC continues to review after these dates but cannot assure completion in time to post courses.
What Resources Can Help Me Improve the Student Experience in My Classes?
- Visit our resource bank of ideas for how to create sound objectives, infuse diversity, create good metrics, and make good use of technology.
- For additional resources and guidelines when preparing a program or new course for review please visit the joinable Canvas site Curriculum Rev Resources.
What Particular Materials Should be Sent to CCPRC?
- Course Approval Routing Form
- On-Grounds Course Syllabus – Syllabus Template and Online or Hybrid Course Syllabus - Syllabus Template
- Memorandum outlining justification for the new course aligned with the criteria in the Course Evaluation Rubric
- Evaluation metrics for assignments (may be included in the syllabus or as separate document)
- Approval memorandum from program coordinator and department chair
How Should Materials be Sent?
- Each department has a designated administrator who collects materials, ensures the components are included, and sends materials to the committee chair
What Criteria Does the Committee Consider in Reviewing Classes?
- The committee reviews all materials submitted, and pays particular attention to the syllabus and associate metrics. As of Fall 2015, the committee will use the Assessment of Syllabus Components as a guide in understanding and evaluating elements of the syllabus.
When Does the Committee Meet?
- Twice each month