Off Grounds and Online Programs Textbooks
Summer 2019 Curry School of Education & Human Development - Off Grounds/Online Textbook lists. (A Work in Progress!)
In addition to these lists, also check the textbook requirements using CANVAS, the NEW Learning Management System (LMS).
All Curry’s Online and Off Grounds courses are administered through CANVAS.
CANVAS users, please go to this site: https://curry.virginia.edu/admissions/student-services/canvas-support to get started.
To access your course, login to Canvas: https://curryvirginia.instructure.com/.
Other Helpful Links:
Online student orientation: http://bit.ly/2P6LiGe
On grounds student orientation (virtual component for on grounds orientation):http://bit.ly/2w5eKUp
Off Grounds Textbook lists for Summer 2019 by Topic and Department:
EDIS (CISE): Instructional Technology, ELL, Gifted, Teaching Licensure, Reading, Special Education, etc.:
- Instructional Technology
- Curriculum & Instruction
- English Language Learning Pre K-12
- Gifted Education
- Professional Learning
- Professional Studies (Alternative Route to Licensure)
- Applied Behavior and Special Education
- Special Topics - History of Science, Online Instruction Procedures, Science Education, Career Development
- Computer Courseware Tools, Teachers as Tech Leaders, Learning Systems & Culture
EDLF: Educational Leadership, Foundations, and Policy:
- Administration and Supervision and ExSel Degree Programs
- Social Foundations of American Education
Once a textbook is identified, it can be purchased or rented in a variety of ways, e.g.:
- Directly from the Publisher
Or Check with the UVA Bookstore: : https://uvabookstores.com/uvatext/buy_textbooks.asp
Also, you may contact Kathy Mallard: firstname.lastname@example.org, 703-536-1114