On this page you will find hotel, parking, maps, directions, bus routes and information about sights in and around the Charlottesville area.
We have reserved blocks of rooms at local hotels and participants will be responsible for contacting the hotel of their choice to make reservations. Breakfast, lunch and snacks will be catered at the conference facility; participants will be responsible for dinner on their own (please see link at the bottom of the page for dinner option ideas.)
- Courtyard Marriott Medical Center group link:Book your group rate for Best Practice Institute
- Hampton Inn Medical Center group link:https://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/groups/personalized/C/CHOMSHX-BPI-20200304/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG
- Residence Inn group link:Book your group rate for BPI UVA Curry School Group Block
Below are driving and walking directions to the Pinn Hall Conference Center (formerly Jordan Hall) from the most likely starting points and from area airports. Also provided are maps of our hotels and their proximity to the conference center and point of interest maps for Charlottesville and the surrounding area.
Parking near the hospital is very expensive and not advised for participants. However, the University and Charlottesville public transportation systems may facilitate your needs.
Our suggestions for transportation are:
- Stay at a designated conference hotel within walking distance (closest hotels are Courtyard Marriott, Main Street and Hampton Inn, Main Street).
- Hotel shuttle - If you stay at a hotel with a shuttle to the conference center they will be able to pick you up and drop you off each day (check with each hotel for this service).
- Public transportation - Buses and trolleys connect many of the most essential parts of town, including the University to Downtown (closest to Residence Inn).
- For participants with a handicapped placard, special handicap parking can be arranged through the conference. Please contact us in advance of your arrival to ensure the quickest response.
The University and Charlottesville have extremely user friendly public transportation systems. The University Parking & Transportation bus system is free to all riders and runs fairly extensive hours during the summer. Click here for UVA Parking & Transportation website with service schedules and maps.
The city of Charlottesville also has a trolley that connects the University to Downtown Charlottesville. The times of the trolley can be a little irregular, but it runs up and down University Avenue/Main Street from 6:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m., Monday-Saturday, free of charge.
More adventurous participants can look at the following schedule and route information for Charlottesville Area Transit as an efficient, car-free, way to get around town. However, CAT does charge a small fee per ride.
If you are coming into Charlottesville or trying to get to the conference center, you can use the maps above for a better sense of direction. If you need more specific directions to these locations or other locations feel free to contact us.
What to do in Charlottesville:
Charlottesville is full of entertaining attractions and restaurants. Feel free to browse the following fliers to get more information about things you might be interested in doing during your visit.