Neesen, K. 2009. Exploring the Online Gaming Preferences of Pre-teen Girls. (Dissertation). University of Virginia, 209 pages.
Neesen, K., Kinzie, M., Whitaker, S., Kelley, M., Matera, M., Hall, A., Funk, G., Pianta, B.C., (2005, October). Collaborative Video Production Creating Web-based Video at Scale for Teacher Professional Development. Paper presented at the annual E-Learn conference, Vancouver.
Kinzie, M.B., Whitaker, S. D., Neesen, K., Kelley, M., Matera, M. & Pianta, R. C. (2006). Innovative web-based professional development for teachers of at-risk preschool children. Educational Technology & Society, Vol. 9, Issue 4, p. 194-204
Wu, Zhen., Cohoon, Joanne., Neesen, Kathy. (2006). Action and Intention: Considering the Relationship Between Educational Software and Gendered Career Interests. Paper presented at the 36th ASEE/IEEE Frontier in Education Conference. October, San Diego, CA.
- Games and learning
- Educational game design
- User interface design
- Online learning
- Web-based professional development
- Virginia Preschool Initiative Plus (VPI+)
- Supporting Teachers To Enhance Math Practice (STEP)
- MyTeachingPartner - Mathematics/Science Curricula and Implementation Support System
- MyTeachingPartner: 4Rs Social-Emotional Learning Program
- MyTeachingPartner - Secondary
- Learning to Objectively Observe Kids (LOOK)
- Individualized Classroom Assessment Scoring System (inCLASS) Project
- Effective Classroom Interactions Courses for Early Childhood Teachers
- Effective Classroom Interactions: Development of Online Coursework
- Virginia Kindergarten Readiness Program