- Bohlmann, N., Downer, J. T., Williford, A. P., Maier, M. F., Booren, L. & Howes, C. (in press). Observing children’s engagement: Examining factorial validity of the inCLASS across demographic groups. Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology.
- Curby, T. W., Downer, J. T., & Booren, L. M. (2014). Behavioral exchanges between teachers and children over the course of a typical preschool day: Testing bidirectional associations. Early Childhood Research Quarterly, 29(2), 193-204. Read: CASTL Research Brief
- Booren, L. M., Downer, J. T., & Vitiello, V. E. (2012). Observations of children’s interactions with teachers, peers, and tasks across preschool classroom activity settings. Early Education and Development, 23(4), 517-538. doi: 10.1080/10409289.2010.548767
- Vitiello, V. E., Booren, L. M., & Downer, J. T. (2012). Variation in children’s interactions throughout a day in preschool: Do activity settings make a difference? Early Childhood Research Quarterly, 27(2), 210-220. doi: 10.1016/j.ecresq.2011.08.005. Read: CASTL Research Brief.
- Booren, L. M., Handy, D. J., & Power, T. G. (2011). Examining perceptions of school safety strategies, school climate, and violence. Youth Violence and Juvenile Justice, 9(2), 171-187. doi: 10.1177/1541204010374297 .
- Downer, J. T., Booren, L. M., Lima, O. K., Luckner, A. E., & Pianta, R. C. (2010). The Individualized Classroom Assessment Scoring System (inCLASS): Preliminary reliability and validity of a system for observing preschoolers’ competence in classroom interaction. Early Childhood Research Quarterly, 25, 1-16. doi:10.1016/j.ecresq.2009.08.004
- Booren, L. M., & Handy, D. J. (2009). Students’ perceptions of the importance of school safety strategies: An introduction to the IPSS Survey. Journal of School Violence, 8(3), 233-250. doi: 10.1080/15388220902910672
- Curry's Booren Named UVA Outstanding Contributor
- Leslie Booren Named 2015 Outstanding Curry Staff Member
- Undergraduate Gets Hands-On Experience in Education Reform at the Curry School
- CASTL Meeting Tackles Issue of Measurement in Schools
- NCRECE Hosts Quality Improvement in Early Childhood Education Meeting