News & Media
- By working together on a recent research project studying emotion talk in preschool classrooms, a group of Curry School undergrads learned valuable skills for their future careers.
- UVA partners with VASCD to improve children’s school readiness through professional development for educators across Virginia.
- UVA's Curry School has announced a new international partnership program with the University of Melbourne that connects two online degrees into a streamlined program for aspiring educational leaders.
- Curry School professors led a panel during the Miller Center's 2019 PrezFest titled, "Who am I, who are we, who defines our history? Educating for democracy and social justice."
- As president of the European Federation of Adapted Physical Activity, Aija Klavina is leading efforts across the continent to increase access to physical activity for children with disabilities.
- In a major restructuring of its Teacher Education program for the first time since the 1980s, the Curry School is launching three new majors that will lead to teacher licensure.
- We sat down with assistant professor Valerie Adams-Bass to discuss how “The Hate U Give” provides a unique teaching opportunity for students.
- In June, the University of Virginia will host the International Symposium on Adapted Physical Activity, the first time since 1991 the conference has been hosted in the United States.
Faculty Commentaries: Spring 2019
Williford: The Hill
Establishing the building blocks of high-quality, early childhood educationRead more
Alridge: Education Post
We Cannot Go Another Month Without Teachers Knowing Black Historyread more
Why Defunding After-School Programs Will Widen the Opportunity Gapread more
Meyers: Gotham Gazette
Lessons from 'Renewal' and Beyond: What It Takes to Turn Around Our Lowest-Achieving Schoolsread more
Hart: Sports Medicine Bulletin
Active Voice: Gait Biomechanics in ACL Reconstructed Knees at Different Time Frames Post-Surgeryread more
Betsy DeVos Has Failed To Have Any Positive Impact on Public Education in Americaread more
Selected Media Hits: Spring 2019
How Self-Compassion Supports Academic Motivation and Emotional Wellness | Tish JenningsRead more
The Washington Post
Colleges have been under pressure to admit needier kids. It's backfiring. | Sarah TurnerRead more
The New York Times
Cleaner Classrooms and Rising Scores: With Tighter Oversight, Head Start Shows Gains | CLASSRead more
Mock Auctions. Pretending to Flee Captors. Do Simulations Have a Place in Lessons on Slavery? | Patrice GrimesRead more