Coronavirus (COVID-19) Notice
To maintain the safest environment possible for our clients and our faculty and staff, we are making the following adjustments to our service offerings. Please read the direction from our team below.
Last update: May 11, 2020
The Sheila C. Johnson Center's faculty and staff have gathered, implemented, and are making available specific science-based interventions particularly relevant to promoting child and adult health during this time of quarantine. Click here to explore our range services for telehealth, assessment and learning at home.
For current clients using our Clinical Psychology Services:
- Clinical Psychology services at SJC will continue to operate for existing clients but will switch to clinical video technology (telehealth). If you are an existing client, your clinician will be in touch with you regarding the process for switching to clinical video technology.
For those interested in establishing psychological treatment:
- Please call our front desk and ask to be placed on our waitlist. In order to continue serving our community at this time we are shifting to online treatment via clinical video technology. If you are placed on our waitlist, someone from our clinic will be in touch with you within a week to discuss options for starting treatment.
For those interested in scheduling new psychological/educational diagnostic assessments:
- We are not currently able to accept new clients but hope to have the capacity soon. Please call our front desk to inquire about new telehealth or in-person assessment options.
For current clients using our Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Services:
- Your therapist will contact you to discuss continuation of services via a telehealth platform.
Clients scheduled for upcoming ASD assessments:
- Initial intake interviews will be held via telehealth online instead of in-person at the clinic. Please call the clinic and a clinician will contact you to confirm scheduling and discuss the use of telehealth.
Speech Summer Camps:
- Our SPLASH program is still accepting applications and is still scheduled to be held. However, we will provide an update on May 1, regarding the logistics and telehealth format .
- Our SPLISH program has been cancelled.
For current clients of our Speech-Language Pathology Services:
- Existing clients will be seen via Telehealth as determined collaboratively by clinicians, clients and caregivers. Your therapist will contact you to discuss the continuation of services via a telehealth platform. This might include existing direct services but also might include new services as well, such as virtual parent training or consultative services.
For those interested in establishing Speech-Language Pathology Services:
- New clients are welcome to call at any time to make an appointment.
For current clients using our Audiology Services:
- We will be postponing any non-emergent care until further notice. However, if you are having an issue with your current hearing aid(s) please call the clinic and we will determine the best course of action, including sending parts by the mail, drive up services, or a potential office appointment to address the issue.
Child and Infant Hearing Assessments: Auditory Brainstem Response (ABR) and Otoacoustic Emission (OAE) tests:
- Early detection and intervention for infant hearing difficulties is key to long-term outcomes. As newborn hearing screenings and follow ups have been affected in many healthcare facilities, longer than usual wait-times make it difficult for families to know the best way to proceed. The Sheila C. Johnson Center can help so that the families and children can be safely assessed sooner. Learn more ›
McGuffey Summer Reading Program and Camps:
- We are currently taking registration forms for both our summer reading program and our summer reading camps. However, as we are in the midst of revamping those services for videoconferencing, please do not submit deposits with new registrations. We will be checking in with registered families periodically over the coming weeks as new information becomes available.
- If you are interested in our diagnostic assessment appointments, please call to get on our waiting list. We will call to schedule as soon as we begin seeing 'in-person' clients again.