2011-Present Design, Analysis, and Implementation of Field Experiments
2011-Present Educational Statistics 1
2014 Educational Statistics 3: Correlation and Regression
2010 IES Cluster RCT workshop (teaching assistant)
2007-2010 IES Workshop on Within-study Comparison Designs (lead instructor)
2011 IES Workshop on Quasi-Experimental designs (teaching assistant)
2015-2017 IES Workshop on Quasi-Experimental designs (lead instructor)
Hallberg, K., Wong, V.C., Cook, T.D. (under review). Evaluating Methods for Selecting School-Level Comparisons in Quasi-Experimental Designs: Results from a Within-Study Comparison
Wong, V.C. & Bassok, D. (forthcoming). Evaluating PreK-3rd Initiatives: A guide to substantive, methodological and practical considerations. Washington, DC: Foundation for Child Development.
Wong, V. C., Steiner, P.M., Cook, T.D. (2013). Analyzing regression-discontinuity designs with multiple assignment variables: A comparative study of four estimation methods. Journal of Educational and Behavioral Statistics, 37(5).
Wong, V.C., Wing, C., Steiner, P.M., Wong, M., & Cook, T.D. (2012). Research designs for program evaluation. In W. Velicer & J. Schinka (eds.), Handbook of Psychology: Research Methods in Psychology. (2nd ed.). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley and Sons.
Hallberg, K., Wing, C., Wong, V.C., & Cook, T.D. (2012). Experimental Design for Causal Inference: Clinical Trial and Regression-Discontinuity Designs. In T. Little (ed.), The Oxford Handbook of Quantitative Methods. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press.
Shadish, W.R., Galindo, R., Wong, V.C., Steiner, P.M., & Cook, T.D. (2011). A randomized experiment comparing random to cutoff-based assignment. Psychological Methods, 16(2), 179-191.
Cook, T.D., Wong, M., & Wong, V.C. (2011). The interdependence of politics and science in the evolution of Head Start. In N. Stein & S. Raudenbush (Eds.), Developmental Cognitive Science Goes to School (pp. 300-313). New York, NY: Routledge.
Cook, T. D., & Wong, V. C. (2008). Empirical tests of the validity of the regression discontinuity design. Annales d’Economie et de Statistique. No. 91/92(July-December), pp. 127-150.
Cook, T. D., Shadish, W. R., & Wong, V. C. (2008). Three conditions under which experiments and observational studies often produce comparable causal estimates: New findings from within-study comparisons. Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, 27(4), 724-750. Reprinted (2008) in M. Pirog (Ed.), Social Experimentation, Program Evaluation, and Public Policy (Vol. Journal of Policy Analysis and Management: Classics series). New York: Wiley-Blackwell.
Wong, V. C., Cook, T. D., Barnett, W. S., & Jung, K. (2008). An effectiveness-based evaluation of five state pre-kindergarten programs. Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, 27(1), 122-154. Reprinted (2008) in M. Pirog (Ed.), Social Experimentation, Program Evaluation, and Public Policy (Vol. Journal of Policy Analysis and Management: Classics series). New York: Wiley-Blackwell.
Cook, T. D., & Wong, V. C. (2008). Better quasi-experimental practice. In P. Alasuutari, J. Brannen, & L. Bickman (Eds.), The Handbook of Social Research. London: Sage.
Cook, T. D., & Wong, V. C. (2007). The warrant for universal pre-K: Can several thin reeds make a strong policy boat? Social Policy Report, XXI(3), 14-15. Reprinted in Prevention Action, October 2007.
Hirsch, B. J. & Wong, V. (2004). After-School Programs. In D. DuBois & M. Karcher (Eds.), Handbook of Youth Mentoring. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
Cook, T. D., Wong, V. C., Taylor, J., Gandhi, A., Kendziora, K., Choi, K., et al. (2009). Impacts of School Improvement Status on Students with Disabilities: Feasibility Report. Washington, DC: American Institutes for Research.
- Program Areas
- Research Center
- Virginia Education Science Training (VEST) Predoctoral Fellowships
- Empirical Evaluations of Non-Experimental Methods
- Louisiana's Kindergarten Readiness System
- Virginia Education Science Training (VEST) Program for Post-Doctoral Fellows
- Examining the Efficacy of RULER on School Climate, Teacher Well-Being, Classroom Climate and Student Outcomes
- EdPolicyWorks Researchers Lead Over 25 Key Presentations at AEFP
- New Career Options Open Up for Two SURP Interns While at Curry This Summer
- EdPolicyWorks Researchers Lead Over 30 Top Presentations at APPAM
- EdPolicyWorks Researchers Represent Over 27 Presenting Roles at AEFP
- EdPolicyWorks Researchers Author over 30 Key Presentations at APPAM
- Researchers at EdPolicyWorks Lead Key Presentations at APPAM 2017
- Researchers at EdPolicyWorks Lead over 25 Key Presentations at APPAM 2018
- New Study Suggests a Way to Reduce “On the Job” Learning for New Teachers
- Curry School Researchers Land $1.35M Grant to Examine How Simulations Improve Math Skills During Teacher Preparation